Monday, May 16, 2011

Cooper

Since I have been so bad lately about updating the blog, I thought I should give some updates on the kids.
This little man is cute. He is growing like crazy. At his 2 year visit he'd grown a couple inches and jumped to the 80% in height and gained weight, but is still only about the 10%. I swear everyday he looks bigger. He's been a late bloomer as far as talking goes, but in the last month it has considerably picked up. He tries to say everything we do and is putting two words together now. He says new stuff everyday. He loves music and dancing. He runs really fast. Sometimes so fast that he trips and takes a nose dive. He's been a lot more independent and adventurous playing outside and on play equipment. He used to get really scared and now he just does it. He's almost got all his teeth in. Two are coming in right now and then he's just got one more we're waiting on. He used to be a great eater; not so much anymore. He's more of a snacker and then on occasion he'll chow down on something, usually at dinner time. He doesn't like to sit and eat, he's up and running around the whole time. He still loves fruit and CHEESE. He asks for cheese all the time and rarely will he actually eat it on a sandwich; he just wants a slice of American cheese. Gross. He's still a pretty good sleeper and takes one nap in the afternoon, but it's usually a couple hours. He occasionally wakes in the middle of the night (not sure why) and wants to come sleep with us. We usually let him even though it means not a lot of sleep for us. He loves his sister. Follows her around and wants to play with her and her friends. They do have a healthy dose of sibling rivalry though, which he takes most of the brunt from. He does however stand up for himself now and tells Savannah, "NO NO!". He is pretty sensitive when it comes to his feelings getting hurt. He's pretty persistent. If he knows we're going somewhere, he goes into "What do we need" mode. He names off what he needs; shoes, coat, etc. and then moves on to the next person. He won't give up until we're all ready to go. He likes to help unload the dishwasher and if we're cooking on the stove, he's very interested in seeing what's going on. He has definitely had some tantrums, over what, I have no idea. It usually seems like something really silly. As of late, he likes to point to my belly and say "Hi Baby" like he's talking to it. He is a BIG Daddy's boy right now. Since Carter works a lot of hours, on his days off, Cooper is his little shadow. Sometimes when he's sad and Carter's working he just cries for DaDa. <3
I'm sure there is much more I could write about, but currently he is having one of those fun tantrums so I best be going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! You do an amazing job...it's so fun to read about the kids. Your ittle man is growing up. He is adorable and I can't wait to see his sweet little face.
Savannah is looking so gown up! She is beautiful!
Can't wait to see all of you~
Hugs and Kisses
Annie :)

Anonymous said...

Love you Cooper ,,we could hug you all day... Hugs Grandma and PAPA Bear HEHE