Cooper's sick. I have no idea what he's got, but it is not pleasant.
It all started on Friday morning when he just randomly puked on me while we were sitting on the couch. He'd never thrown up before so that was a nice first. So, I promptly changed him and me. Then he pooped. Changed that. Came downstairs to make him a bottle or get him some Pedialyte (can't remember at this point since we've been doing this over and over) and while I was holding him I thought he pooped again (he didn't after all), but then he so graciously puked on me again, while getting it all over the kitchen floor. You know what the worst part is? Yes, of course having vomit come straight at you, but you kind of instinctively hold your breath for a second, but it's after that second of breath holding when you inhale and you smell the vomit. Gross. I love too how Savannah just doesn't get it. Cooper just puked all over both of us and you're still walking around totally in my way and asking me for something to drink and eat? NO!! I asked her to stay downstairs and watch a movie while Cooper and I took a shower. The pooping continued throughout the day. He threw up once again later in the afternoon, which meant another set of clothes for both of us. Count was at 3 at that point. He rested for a couple hours and I know he threw up on me again at some point later in the day. It's a blur. Why does he aim it directly at me? He wasn't keeping any formula down at all. He'd drink it and within 20 minutes it was back up. Friday night he slept until about 3 a.m. and then woke up hungry. He's totally hungry. I brought him downstairs and gave him some milk and he kind of fell back asleep, only to become restless a little while later. I picked him up, and can you guess?, he puked ALL over the place. Five times in a row. All over both of us and all over the blankets. Mid way through that ordeal I yelled up to Carter, not knowing if he'd even hear me, but he did and came running down. Carter doesn't do well with throw up, but he took Cooper and I heard him mumble something about a bath. I tried to clean the couch off, which I didn't do very well and then went up to have a bath with Cooper and get the smell off of me. Saturday treated us fairly well, with no more throw up and a few naps. Sunday morning though at like 2:45 a.m. Savannah wakes up because she peed the bed, also a first, and wanted to sleep with us. I let her for a little while and once she was asleep I put her back in her bed. Carter was up around 5:30 a.m. to get ready for work and Cooper was too. Nasty poop. Luckily Savannah let us sleep in until 8. Cooper puked again this morning, not as bad, but enough to run another load of blankets in the wash. Cooper and I slept on the couch while Savannah watched movies and at one point I heard her go to the bathroom and open the door. Sweet, she's going by herself, one of the things we still struggle with, even though she has been doing amazing lately and hasn't worn panties for like a month. Well, she got into the bathroom, but I guess she couldn't get herself on the toilet in time and peed all over the floor. Nice.
The funny thing about all of this is that Cooper seems relatively fine. He's hungry obviously and kind of irritated, but he's up and walking around. No fever; no excessive lethargy. On Saturday I had the thought that maybe the new formula we bought him was messing with his stomach. I bought the Walmart brand because we needed it right away, instead of the Target brand we normally get. My parents went and got us some Target formula and more diapers (because he's going through them like 3 times the rate he normally does) and I was hoping that maybe that would help. Well, considering he still threw up this morning after having a few bottles of the right formula, I don't think it was that. Errr... I've just been trying to give him lots of Pedialyte today and I even gave him half a jar of baby food. They're both down for a nap at 3 p.m. (i hope) and Carter just got home too, so nap time for us.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Do hope things are better today and this week .. hugs and kisses to all mom shelly
I'll say it again....I HATE SICKNESS
Okay, that all sounds just terrible, but I couldn't help laughing through the whole thing. Sorry. :(
Post a Comment