Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Birthday Boy

Photobucket
How precious is this guy. And that's not a question, cause I already know the answer. It is seriously unbelieveable how fast this last year has gone. One minute he's this squishy little baby and now he's a little boy, running around everywhere and cutting his first tooth today! He sure is a sweetie though. I think we'll keep him. Eventhough he gets into everything and puts anything in his mouth.
Photobucket> Saturday night we had a Monkey themed birthday party for him; (or was it more for us because he didn't seem to really care about much besides the cake) we had pizza, lasagna, salad, breadsticks and banana splits for dessert. Cooper had a banana cake with cream cheese frosting which Savannah totally dragged her fingers through at one point beforehand.
Photobucket
I'll take what I can get these days when it comes to a family picture.
Photobucket
Here's Uncle Steven telling Savannah to go hit each person with the sword. He really gets Savannah giggling and laughing with his antics. He's going to be a great Daddy here pretty soon.
Photobucket
Well, at least Cooper dug right in to his cake and really seemed to enjoy it. After cake he had some ice cream. Apparently he doesn't like chocolate ice cream. More of a vanilla guy.
Photobucket
Oh Steven. Steven Steven Steven. So this past week at work I saw that this little monkey note pad was on sale for cheap and it matched perfectly with the theme of the party. I really wanted to get it as a favor of some kind but I didn't have any games planned. I bought it anyway (along with some Junior Mints which a certain little girl stole and started eating) and said I'd figure out a game to play. Well, I never could really figure one out. Until early on Saturday. We had monkeys all over the house as decorations and I told Carter maybe we should have everyone count all the monkeys and whoever finds them all would get the prize. Not super creative, but it was something. Anyway, so I counted all the monkeys. Just me. Everyone went around and counted what they found and wrote it down. Well, I counted 15. Two people had 15, and Steven had 16. If Steven could prove to me that there were 16, he won. Well, he did. We had a monkey balloon with one monkey on each side. Well, I only counted one monkey on the balloon. So, Steven won and bragged about his winning of a little monkey note pad. He is so super competitive. So my quest from now on is to stump Steven.
Photobucket
Cooper also showed off his mad dancing skills at the end of the night. His favorite song to dance to is Lady Gaga's "Telephone" but it's on the computer which we moved upstairs, so he danced to Rihanna. I've got a video of him dancing but it's so long that it seems to be taking forever to upload on here and I just give up. I'll have to try again because it's so cute.
Photobucket
This was on his actual birthday, the 9th. We didn't do much that day because Carter had to close that night, but my parents came over in the afternoon and hung out and then we all went to In 'N Out for dinner and Cooper ate some grilled cheese and fries. He also had his first taste of pizza tonight. Like I said up top, he cut his first tooth today, so hopefully more will start coming in and he can have an easier time eating. He went to his one year appointment on Wednesday and looks great, but he's dropped to about the 5% in weight so he needs to eat lots. He's still about 40% in height and 50% head circ., but all around he's kind of little. Cute and little. It's been a fun weekend and now I'm off to eat leftover banana splits with the hubby.

**I totally forgot to even mention what he got for his birthday. LOTS of stinkin adorable clothes, a basketball hoop, baseball toy, an adorable homemade memory game, a fire truck, bubble blower and some other fun things. Now the weather needs to get warmer so he can wear his new wardrobe. Literally.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the little monkey cooper and loved the party ,, its was very fun good job Rashel and Carter and Savannah .. Everything was great loved your Lasagna yummy ... so thankful for Cooper ,,, love grandma Shelly and papa Ron

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike and Katie said...

That was a really cute theme and creative ideas! I still remember when my mom told me you had little Cooper and no way does it feel like a year ago..crazy!

Anonymous said...

P.S. love the monkey PJ"S .... Grandma shelly