Sunday, April 25, 2010

Far Far Away

Savannah was on a weird trip tonight. She woke up from her nap, had some dinner and would not leave Carter alone while he was trying to take tests for finals. I kept telling her to stay downstairs and she'd go up and start talking with him. She'd come down and tell me she wanted to go swimming. Swimming? Where? Then she comes down and says she wants to go to the castle. What castle? The castle. Honey, there aren't any castles around here. The one with Shrek and Fiona, far far away. Oh. Well, there are no castles around here. She started crying. I. Want. To. See. The. Castle. sob sob. So I sat there on the couch with her for a good ten minutes trying to explain to her that there aren't castles around here and that it's just pretend in Shrek. She's always talking about things being "pretend" so I think she just really didn't want to hear it tonight. So after our little talk she still wanted to go see the castle. Where am I going to go? Over there. What if that's the wrong way? Then over there. Alright, let me finish watching the last five minutes of this show and then we'll go in the car and see if we can find a castle. OKAY!! So, we drove around our community for about 20 minutes, and no castles. She wanted me to keep driving but I told her once it was dark we had to go home. It was almost dark. She had to come in and tell Daddy that she didn't find any castles. He wasn't surprised.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the castle at Disneyland where Cinderella lives.. FInd a picture online of it and show her.. Fantasy is all little girls dreams .. sweet savannah ,, love grandma

Anonymous said...

OOps thats sleeping beauty castle I think , but its a castle anyway grandma

Joneel said...

Oh boy, that make believe stuff and imagination combined.....Have fun with that one. I like your mom's idea though.

Anonymous said...

what about the temple???

Anonymous said...

Anonymous ,, Disney Characters don't live at the Temple.. Dont want to confuse Savannah......

Andy and Melissa said...

Haha... that is pretty funny that she wanted to really drive around and see a castle. There is a house out here that looks like a castle. Its actually really ugly though. Anyway, thats pretty cute.