Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cali Vacation Day 3

On Monday we headed to my hometown of Chino Hills. We ate breakfast at Bravo Burger, which was a place I went to in high school. They make my favorite kind of hash browns. We drove around the city to see all the changes. We went to the Shoppes, but the kids weren't up much for shopping, so we weren't there too long. We visited my old Borders store, which is closing now. We then went up to English Springs Park, where they have a play area, ducks and apparently turtles, which I don't remember. The kids ran around and enjoyed themselves, while I tried to take a few pictures.























On our drive out to Cali, we thought it might be fun to go see my Uncle Chris at his fire department. We've never had a tour of a station, so it was pretty cool. Funny story. So, this picture below was right before my uncle opened the doors of the ambulance. When opening the doors, the truck makes this loud hissing noise and lowers, for easier access. Well, I think that scared Savannah a little bit. While Carter, Cooper and I looked at the ambulance, Savannah went back over to the game table. Awhile later, Carter picked Savannah up for some reason, and her pants were wet. We think when she got scared, she peed a little. Poor girl.







The paramedics actually got a call while we were there so we got to see them leave really quick.











I really had no idea there were so many different things/compartments on a fire truck.


I also never realized how BIG the trucks are. They seriously don't look so big as they're driving down the street. Cooper got up and sat in the drivers seat, but Savannah was a little scared to do that.




















Sitting in front of the station.

After visiting with Chris we went to a restaurant called Pat & Oscar's. Carter used to work at one of the locations in San Diego, so he's been wanting to go back for years. We got a ton of food and it was really good. They have amazing bread sticks that Carter had been telling me about forever, and they sure did live up to the hype.






After dinner we headed back to our hotel. My Aunt and Uncle surprised us with a hotel by Disneyland for the time we were there. It was so great to be close by and not have to worry about traffic each day. Thank you guys so much for doing that!!






















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving all these great pictures! It warms my heart to see how happy you guys are!! You will never know how much it meant to Chris to have you guys come visit him at his second home. He loves you guys as much as I do! Thanks for bringing so much love and joy into our home. We miss all your sweet faces!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

ps...I forgot to sign my post! hehe
Aunt Annie