Today Savannah and I were hanging out in the family room and all the sudden she went over to the stairs. I thought that she went over there to sit on the step like she's been doing the past couple days, so I just stayed on the couch. A minute later I called her name and looked over and didn't see her on the step or hear her. So I walked over there and she wasn't there. I started freaking out. I looked by the other couch and boxes because I wondered if she was hiding, but she wasn't. I was calling her name, but of course she wouldn't answer. So I ran upstairs and she was standing at the top of the stairs waiting for me. Now, I was thinking, "holy crap, how did she get up here, she can't climb the stairs". So I got freaked out for a second thinking someone was in our house and took her upstairs, but I knew that was very unlikely. So then it hit me that SHE climbed the stairs all by herself, without me even knowing. That scared me because she could have fallen and I wouldn't have even known until I heard a tumble. So I took her back down the stairs to the bottom and she climbed up again. That's when I got out the video camera and made sure to document this moment. I just feel like it is way to soon for her to be climbing stairs, but I don't know. I do know that now we need a gate on the stairs because I'm not going to chase her up their 20 times a day. And when she gets up there she goes running to all the rooms. I can tell that she's very proud of herself for doing this. So when Carter came home from work I told him and he freaked. He couldn't believe it. Well, we had to go to church so showing him was on hold. When we got back from church that was the first thing we did and Carter was like standing right next to her because he was afraid she'd fall, but she is really good at it. I just can't believe that she went from going on one step to climbing like 25 in one day. We're very excited for her new accomplishment, but very scared too of her falling. Well, I just wanted to share that story, but I've got to go bake some sugar cookies with my Mom and Savannah.




At the top of the stairs.
2 comments:
Wow, I bet she is darned proud of herself. Too bad you have to worry about them falling huh? Otherwise you could let them do that and tire themselves out.
Wow...go savannah - but yeah, a gate is probably going to become your life saver because I can't imagine one the worry and two the workout. good luck!
Post a Comment