Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Constantly Amazed
Carter and I are constantly amazed lately at how big our little girl is getting and how much she is learning. Next month she will be 18 months. She understands so much; she's like a sponge. If you ask her to go find something, she does. If you ask her to come put her jacket and shoes on, she does. She'll even grab the jacket and shoes and bring them to you. She's saying lots of new words. Let's see if I can remember them all: hat, hot, binky, eyes, up, socks, coat, night night, peek a boo, cookie (she still has issues saying it right though), wawe (water), those are what I can think of right now. Last night Carter and I were laying in bed talking about Savannah and all the new things she does. We're just so glad that she's progressing well and she is getting bigger. We're interested to see what she'll weigh next month. She went outside the other day and played with a bunch of kids from the neighborhood. That was funny. She was the youngest so she was just watching all of them and running around. She was in awe of kids riding scooters and bikes, but when we got out her like riding toy, she didn't want to ride it. A couple times lately I've needed to make a phone call without her tugging on me or making noise so I'll say "Savannah, you want a cookie?" She gets excited and runs to the pantry door. I'll bring out a cookie and some drink and lay down a blanket. I'll tell her to sit down and then give her the cookie. I tell ya, she will sit there the whole time. Except now she's starting to eat the cookie faster, so I have to hurry with whatever I'm doing. Her binky is her new favorite friend. She will look around for it and say "binky?". When she finds it, she gets all excited and starts smiling. She also gets so excited when Daddy comes home. She has started to look out the front window at certain times of the day. Carter typically gets home around 4 Pm. So the other day I noticed that she was hanging out looking by the window. I hadn't heard from Carter yet, so I didn't think he was on his way. Next thing I see is him drive by. Next thing he's walking by and Savannah sees him. She screams!! And I mean SCREAMS! She was so excited. I started laughing and as Carter walked in he was laughing too. He was like "What a great way to come home. It's like being a rock star!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Kids are wonderful, aren't they?
Hey Rashel! Happy Birthday. I am going to be calling you later - but I wanted to put a little happy birthday message here too. hope you are having a wonderful day!
Post a Comment