Monday, August 23, 2010

Cooper


Coopers personality is really starting to shine through. He is silly and loves to laugh. And that laugh, when it gets going really good, is seriously the cutest thing. He doesn't say a lot of things; he mostly says ba-ba, da-da, da, hot, hat, ball and other mumbo jumbo. Thing is, he uses those words for multiple things, all of which we mostly understand. He is a pretty good listener and understands what we're saying. He cleans up when you ask and makes messes when you don't ask. He LOVES cars right now. And balls. If he sees a ball anywhere he starts screaming BALL! BALL! He plays with his cars all day too. He makes great sound effects too. He listens to Carter's sound effects and totally copies them. Recently, Carter does this beat boxing thing, and Cooper starts dancing and then tries to make the same sounds. Mostly it sounds like "WikeWike". It's so cute though. He's still a pretty good sleeper and takes a nap around 10-10:30 in the morning, for a couple hours. Sometimes in the late afternoon he gets sleepy but he doesn't always take a nap then. He goes down pretty easy with his binky and blanket. You give him the blanket and he just starts loving on it and puts his head down on your shoulder. Works like a charm. Most of the time. He runs, fast. He is just quick and it's so cute to see him run. He really doesn't like when Savannah is mean to him. He still loves cookies and ice cream. He's a pretty good eater in general, and a messy one. He throws his bottle/sippy cup on the ground really hard when he's done with it. Carter thinks he's spiking it like a football. Of course. I just hate that the milk spills everywhere when he does this. He climbs on everything. He figured out how to get on the kitchen chairs and then the table. That freaks us out for sure because we know that would not be a good fall. He's been going up the stairs since 9 months, but we haven't really let him try going down them because he would just lunge forward without looking most of the time. He has now figured out how to scoot down on his bum or sometimes on his belly. His hair grows so fast. Already needs another haircut. He makes this cute victorious giggle when he gets something he wants, like cookies or fruit snacks. He's got lots of teeth now, 9 I think. 1 is a molar. You can't always see his upper teeth when he smiles, but when you do, they are so cute! I love it. We don't let him run around in just a diaper anymore because he took it off one day while I was upstairs and well, it wasn't pretty. Their was yelling, and bathing and lots of carpet washing involved. So, pants are a must for him. He loves dogs too. He calls them De De. He's a pretty easy going little guy, except when he's been teething. He's had a few screaming fits in the middle of the night because of those darn teeth. And during those times, I don't care that it's 2 am, I just give him ice cream to help with the pain. It helps a little. We had to get him a new carseat last week because the old harness in his other one broke. So now, he gets to sit forward and has the same carseat as Savannah, but a different color. We think he weighs approx. 22 lbs and is 31 inches. Definitely approx. He goes to his 15 month check up this week (1 1/2 months late), so we'll see where he's at for sure. He doesn't like to have his teeth brushed. Problem. We've always had to fight with him on that. But, lately Carter holds him forward for me and he'll put his feet out to "block" me kind of and I pretend that he's pushing me away or kicking me and he thinks it's so funny. He starts laughing and opening his mouth real big so I've actually been able to brush his teeth really good lately. We'll see how long it takes for him to figure out it's a trick. Speaking of figuring stuff out. Baby gates are useless in our house. They work only in two areas of the house because of stupid molding. I was just starting to have relief with the gate at the top of the stairs. The kids could play in their rooms and walk around and I could do whatever. Well, that little bugger just doesn't like the gate and pulls it straight down. It's starting to wear in certain areas so I bet it doesn't have much time left. Well, I thought this would be a shorter post and that I would write about both kids, but it's turned way long, so I'll have to write a seperate one about Vannah another day. Besides, I know I need Carter's help to remind me of all the things she does. Cause it's a long list.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Copper your a cutey love all the cute things you do and say and love your hugs and giggles. Love to play with you , you laugh at everything.. its so funny.. hugs Grandma shelly

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this little guy!
Miss you guys!!! Annie :)