Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Last night 11/26

Savannah Paige, Savannah Paige, what can I say? She is growing up. She is walking all over the place, getting into everything, and getting more teeth! She isn't wanting to sleep through the night anymore, and wakes up at random times, and of course, Daddy needs his sleep to go to work in the morning, so Mommy has to get up and TRY to be the bad guy and make her go back to sleep, but it never seems to work because Mommy is so tired and doesn't want to fight her, so Savannah ends up in our bed, not making it much more possible for me to sleep with either her feet or hands slapping me every five minutes. How you like that run on sentence?
Savannah is eating lots of new things too. Most of the time she eats what we do, but we still buy some baby food. She likes spaghetti, pizza, macaroni and cheese, and she still likes her mixed cereal in the morning. At lunch, most of the time she has a turkey or ham and cheese sandwich. Yes, I give my daughter cheese even though I don't eat it. Except on pizza. She loves her sandwiches. And crackers. And Milk. She really doesn't drink much juice because we want to save her teeth, but every now and then she gets some. Oh, and does she know when we have goodies. Especially ice cream. We'll be sitting on the couch with OUR ice cream and she comes over and wedges her way between our legs and gives us this puppy dog sweet face and of course we give her some. And then she wants more. And more. Until we run out.
She says Mama and Dada all the time now. Mostly Mama right now. Everything is Mama. She also says Hi and Bye, accompanied by a dainty little wave. She randomly does it too. She says hi to everyone. But only when she feels like it. If we try to make her, she won't of course. She jabbers up a storm all day. She really is adorable in the morning, but half the time I'm still sleepy and irritated that I'm up, that I don't notice.
Carter is working a ton right now, getting lots of overtime (yippee, now it's actually paid overtime), but he's enjoying his job. I'm trying to get Christmas shopping done, Christmas pictures taken, cards ready, along with all my other daily duties.. But it's a fun time of year and I love it.



Look at Savannah's nice little scratch that she gave herself. Right before we're going to take pictures tomorrow.
Ohhhh....
If you look real close, you can see her two top teeth.
I just thought this was funny.

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

My mom just got me the book Healthy sleep habits happy child. I has recently saved my bacon. Stella only slept through the night for about a week and three days and then started waking up more than ever. lately it was between three and five times a night. So I did what the book says and she has slept through the night the past two nights. You should check it out. Anna also swears by it.