Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Day At Lagoon

On Saturday we were invited to go to Lagoon with all of Carter's family. Buzzy, Lesli's husband, had received a very generous gift from his work and they decided to share it with all of us!! There were free tickets, free parking passes, and food vouchers. I kid you not, we spent nothing! I had to work until 3 so we got up there around 4 and stayed until 10. It was so fun! I hadn't been since I was a little kid and Carter hadn't been in awhile either. It was Savannah's first theme park and when we got there, she was ready to GO! We met up with everyone and picked her first ride.

This little boat ride took them around in a circle and they could pretend to drive it and ring the bell. After this we went on this really cute little kids coaster, but it went so fast that Carter couldn't get a picture of us. Then Barbara, Larissa, Buzzy and Lesli watched Savannah for a little bit and took her on the train so that we could go on a ride.

Then we all decided we needed to eat so we got some yummy pizza and a drink. Kacey and Parker showed up with ice cream and Savannah had to have some!






The carousel was right next to where we were eating, so Savannah spotted it and afterward Carter took her on it.

I don't know if you can see what Carter's doing in this picture, but it's classic Carter for ya.


After the carousel, the group split up for a little while. Carter went on some roller coasters with Parker, Kacey, Buzzy, and Steve, while Shelby, Larissa, Lesli and I took Savannah on some kids rides.

This was on this boat swinging type ride. I don't know why my hand looks like it's about to claw someone.


This cute little whale ride was so funny. It actually went pretty fast for a kids ride. Savannah was so good on all the rides and just sat there nice and calm. I was so worried about her falling out of a ride or something. At the end of a couple rides all us girls would be clapping for her and she'd throw her arms up in the air.





Savannah was too small to go on this ride but Shelby and Lesli gave it a try.





I was really nervous for her to go on this ride because it went high and even kind of curved while they were swinging, but she was fine. At one point she was going along and she was hanging on for dear life.




After a couple rides she was getting so tired. She was walking all over the place so while normally she's not a fan of the stroller, she was all too ready to lie down in it and take a rest. We thought she was about to fall asleep but soon after we met up with everyone else again and she perked right back up.


We all took a bit of a breather and figured out what to do next. Shelby, Steve and Larissa took off cause they'd been there since it opened. The rest of us stayed and tried out a couple other rides and took some pictures.


Parker, Kacey, Carter, Lesli (4 of 8)
Savannah and Uncle Buzzy.

Kacey and I. (I'm REALLY not posing, Carter just took it so fast because HE was done with pictures.)


Who do they get this from?

After a few more rides we were getting hungry again so we stopped for churros and funnel cakes. We hung out for a bit and it was getting close to closing time so Carter and Savannah caught the carousel one more time and then we packed up and headed out.
It was such a fun day! Almost everyone was able to make it and it was great to all be together. Lesli and Buzzy, thank you guys soooo much for your generosity! We all had a blast! Now everyone send each other your pictures! I need that group one!


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lagoon has always been such a great place. I have so many memories as a child. Looks like from the pictures you will too. Glad you were able to go. Savannah is a real trouper. Not being scared, let you have a good time.
Has the quiet book helped?
Love Nana

Joneel said...

Savannah is so cute. She is quite the adventurer, riding on all those rides. Glad you had a fun day. By the way, love your music on your blog.