This morning I was awaken to the sound of my almost 2 year old singing.....at 6:10 A.M.! Now, normally when she does this it's really cute and it kind of wakes Carter and I up in the morning, but it's also normally at least 7 A.M. We were both wasted from staying up until midnight watching DWTS and Heroes. So 6 A.M. was just too early for us. After a few minutes of singing I went in and told Savannah that it was too early and she needed to go back to sleep. She was just lying there anyway...just singing away. So she stopped for maybe 2 minutes and started in again. This time she added in some talking and counting as well. So I went back in and told her to go back to sleep. And once again it only lasted 2 minutes. I figured at this point she wasn't going back to sleep, but I also wasn't getting up. I turned down the monitor and let her sing away. I could still somewhat hear her but I think I was finally able to doze off for a little bit. Carter eventually got up and I heard him and then could hear that Savannah was crying in her room. I think she had just started crying probably because she heard Carter get up. We both reluctantly got up with her and proceeded to let her watch 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book. Back to back. At least she was pretty tired by 11 A.M. so she went down for a long nap and I was able to snooze for awhile too.
In case you're wondering what she likes to sing, her collection includes: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Happy Birthday, The Clean Up Song and variations of others that we're not so sure of. She'll also count 1,2,3,4,5,6...9,10!
I can't believe she's going to be 2 in 2 weeks!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is soo cute, probably more so because it is not waking me up when I am tired, but it is so much better when they wake up happy, instead of just screaming really loud to get your attention.
Post a Comment