I've been unsure HOW I wanted to post about this for awhile now. I'd love to have some creative or funny way, but it just hasn't happened. I am with child. There it is. We have been keeping that secret for so long now, that I kind of didn't want to give it up. I'm very reluctant to tell people stuff like this, where Carter is not. But since last time it was out fairly early, (different circumstances led to this, which he loved!) this time I was calling all the shots!! I love it! I've decided that this whole pregnancy/birth experience I want to be different. My last one was great up until the end and after. We very much want to avoid things that happened last time. So you are probably wondering about the pregnancy facts. 15 weeks prego, due April 17th. You're probably wondering HOW we kept it a secret that long, but for me, it really wasn't that hard. We had our first visit about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and everything looked good. They picked up a heartbeat right away which was cool because with Savannah they had to do an ultrasound because they couldn't find it. We find out whether it's a boy or girl the first week of December. This time around is so different because I don't have time to dwell on things and think about stuff all the time. It is interesting how things that I didn't think about last time, I'm thinking about now though. The other night I was thinking about the differences and similarities between this pregnancy and the last. With Savannah, during the first 3 months I was insanely tired ( I mean BARELY could stay awake at work!), my feet hurt like crazy, stretch marks came like the day after I found out I was pregnant, I loved McDonald's hamburgers for weeks, and about 5 times I experienced what I now know as a drop in blood sugar. I would have to eat something immediately or I'd feel like I was going to pass out. Thank goodness it was only about 5 times that it happened and then it went away after 3 months, along with most of the other symptoms. Although, I believe my stomach has stayed in love with McDonald's. With THIS pregnancy, I couldn't even count the times SO FAR that I've had the drop in blood sugar. I don't feel like I'll pass out, but I get so fatigued and can't concentrate on anything but finding myself something to eat. It's been a struggle to find foods that will fill me up and keep this from happening. I've been told to eat more protein, fiber, etc. That's great and all, but the other problem is that my appetite has been ALL over the place. It's a little better now, but the last few months have been so annoying because I couldn't figure out WHAT I wanted to eat, at any given time. Pre-pregnancy, I used to plan a menu for the week ahead and buy all the stuff. Forget that now. I would change my mind everyday about what I wanted. This leads to eating out. Mostly McDonald's, another similarity from last time. The constant change in my appetite has made weight gain very weird. I haven't gained anything from where I started, but a few times have dropped as much as 4 lbs. from where I started. It fluctuates so much, but I'm not complaining. I had a little bit of nausea, but no vomiting in the beginning. Mainly a sour stomach in the morning and I'd have to make sure I ate something fast after I got up. As it has gotten chillier out here in good 'ol Utah, I am sooo cold. Lately, I want to have a bath like every night. I just want to be warm. I took maybe 10 baths the whole time with Savannah, and I've definitely surpassed that now. I feel like it's been a relatively easy 3 months, besides the whole eating thing. We're looking very forward to meeting this new little person. We don't really have a preference to what we have. We'd love to have a boy to carry on the Cherry name and to see what it's like to have a BOY!, but also we'd love to have another girl because we've got EVERYTHING and it would be so fun to have two girls in a row. We shall see in a few weeks. The need to know isn't bothering me as much this time around, but there's no way I could wait until the end! We're very excited to be adding to our family and can't wait for this little person to get here! There are lots of birthdays in April between our two families, so here comes another one.
Oh and BTW, we will find out the sex of the baby, but we're unsure whether we will let THAT cat out of the bag.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU BUTT!! I have been giving you crap for months about another one and you didn't tell me!!! Ughh so disappointed! haha. Well CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! Now we just need Allison to get prego. haha j/k! Melissa's, mine and your babies will not be too far apart! crazy! Well I am super excited for you! I still think you are a stinker for keeping it a secret for that long!
Congratulations!
Congratulations! That is really exciting....it will be fun I am sure to change things up alittle bit this time.
I have been hoping this would happen sometime soon! Congrats - and you are so lucky to not get tooo sick. The drop in blood sugar thing may be happening to me this time around. I will suddenly feel so tired like I am about to just fall asleep standing up. Freaky - so anyway - I can't wait to see how all these babies turn out!
we are very happy and excited for another grandchild,we know you make pretty babies. hope savannah feels better.love mom dad j and ronnie
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
We are so excited for you guys.
Love you all
Aunt Annie, Uncle Chris, Christi and Joey. :-)
Post a Comment