Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Yesterday Savannah pulled out my Greatest Hits: Britney Spears cd. I thought, "Why not?" So we put it in and Savannah played and I cleaned to it. Once I finished cleaning I sat down on the couch and as each song would come on, I'd have a different memory. It led me to want to watch some old home videos of my teenage years. So I went down to the basement and grabbed my box of tapes and headed upstairs to watch some. I must say, my hair was so much more awesome back then. Anyway, I watched some of these tapes and was amused by how dorky and silly me (and my friends) were. At the time though, we were so awesome. I thought I'd amuse some of my friends with funny things we said back then. So here goes: (you should know who you are)

"I'm so going to marry Elder Moss"....but you're not even 17 yet...."so, my parents will allow it. At least my Mom will."

"I'm soooo glad that Marshall came to youth conference."

"My boyfriend JC is on tour right now, so I need to get back to him soon."

I, on the other hand, never said weird stuff like that. I never "lost that loving feeling". I never acted totally silly in front of the camera. I never said how much I "loved" someone to the camera. I never made a tape with my best friend that was so hilarious, but so for real, that was meant to go to Nsync. Never. I did however have so much fun in those years that it doesn't matter how silly we look now, it's how much fun it was while we were doing it. I did have some clothes that I really wish I still had. Let alone, still fit in to. I did learn all of Nsync's and Britney's dance moves, and I tell ya, I can still remember some. They are in my blood. And the hair. Man, I want my old hair. Except, I don't want it to make me look 17 again. Then people might really think Carter robbed the cradle.

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

haha. thanks for not writing who said one of those comments :). I hope you have ruined all the bad videos! I bet Carter was laughing really hard about it too.we were horrible back then. plus all those nsync dances and all that. my friends at work actually bought the nsync video we were in so they could see me and laugh!

Andy and Melissa said...

I'm glad you posted this. A little embarrased by myself - but still glad you posted it. Those years were sooooo fun werent they.