Sunday, April 26, 2009

Buddy

Carter and I have been calling Cooper "Buddy" ever since he was born. I'm not sure if we individually started doing this, or if one of us started it and the other liked it. I really can't remember. But soon after getting home and still calling him "Buddy" a lot, Savannah started calling him "Buddy" too.
As I look at these pictures taken a few days ago, and then glance down at him right now, he already looks different. It's crazy how that happens. On Friday he had his two week checkup and appointment for his circumcision. They didn't do it at the hospital which was a surprise to us. They said more people are doing it in the doctor's office now, so we just went with it. Carter wasn't able to go to the appointment with me, so that made me a little nervous but all turned out well. When Cooper left the hospital he weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz., down 4 oz. from birth. At his appointment he weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz.! We're so glad that he's actually gaining weight, compared to skinny mini sister. They measured him at 21 inches too. I'm not sure how accurate that is though because he was "supposedly" 18 1/2 inches at birth. That seems like quite a bit to grow in 2 weeks. I think somewhere along the line someone got something wrong. But I'm sure he did grow a little cause that is quite a big difference. He's 50% in length, 25% in weight, 25% in head circ. and the doctor said that's great for his size and proportions.
He did really well during his circumcision, apparently. I wasn't in the room, thank goodness. They gave him some sugar water, which he had in the hospital too, and that kept him happy throughout. He was very calm afterward and cried more getting his PKU test done on his heel. I had taken a bottle of breast milk with me to help soothe him if needed, so before we left I was giving him some. All the sudden he started to freak out! He would not stop crying for like 10 minutes and I could not figure out why. I was starting to worry that he was hurt or something because he was hysterical and I'd never heard him cry like that. I decided to just leave and see if the car ride would help. I ended up stopping around the corner and getting him out and holding him in the backseat for a few minutes. Out came a loud burp. And then he was fine. Talk about freaking me out for a bit, and all it was, was a burp. He has a terrible time burping. A lot of the time he never does. He's still spitting up too and has drenched himself and me multiple times with nasty milk. He's gaining weight though, so I guess that's the most important part.

Savannah turned into a "little girl" while we were gone at the hospital for a few days. We came home and I swear she felt much heavier and like she'd grown a bunch. Her hair seemed longer and she was talking even more than she already did. I thought maybe it was because I was away from her for a few days and only used to holding a little baby, but no, she weighs more. I know it. She just talks non-stop now and can have a conversation about anything. Somehow her hair is sticky all the time. Her sort of bangs are growing out and she's constantly swiping them out of her eyes, with sticky fingers. Her hair is in constant tangles and she doesn't want me to brush her hair either, so it just gets worse. She loves singing, especially Disney songs. We have a few soundtracks in our car and she always wants to listen to them. She is incredibly social, when she wants to be. She loves playing with the neighbor kids or kids at play centers like Arctic Circle. She goes up to kids and says, "I'm Savannah, what's your name?"











This little guy is so strong already. In the hospital we'd be holding him upright and he would just start holding his head up. We couldn't believe it. Since getting home, he holds it up even more. He still flops around sometimes, but he's had like a 2 minute stretch of just staring at me face to face. The other night we gave him some tummy time, which he's not very fond of. His arm was propped up a little and all the sudden he just rolled over! Already determined to not have tummy time! As you can see in this picture, he is great at wrinkling up his face.







I'd say it took Savannah about a week to warm up to Cooper. She would either ignore him or occasionally give him kisses, but not much else. Now she is much more interested in him and gives him even more kisses and hugs. I love the picture below because it almost looks like Cooper is smiling at her.





On another note, I am back to my pre-baby weight. I'm not sure how that happened so fast. After a week and a half I'd lost like 16 lbs, well more like 8 lbs. because Cooper was the other 8 lbs. Then by two weeks it was all gone. Now it's time to start working out so that I don't have a flabby tummy. I swear, pregnancy weight re-distributes to other areas of the body after giving birth. I want to avoid that this time around if possible. It's all about being motivated though, so I better start giving myself pep talks.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE ADORABLE THATS FOR SURE . DADS BEEN CALLING COOPER BUDDY TOO WHEN WEVE BEEN OVER TO VISIT, I LIKE MONKEY ,, AND SAVANNAH IS PIPSQUEAK HUGS AND KISSES GRANDMA SHELLY