Shortly we will no longer be a family of 3, but of 4. We have been working to get lots of things done recently, and our list is pretty short as of late. The baby's room is done, and I was telling Carter that I think maybe his room is cuter than Savannah's room was when she was born. Her room was pretty cute, but his has been so fun to decorate and I love it. Savannah's room is under construction right now too. I had a wall design in mind, but after it never got started and time is running out, I decided to think of something else to do. Something easier and that I know will work. We're going to put her name up on the wall too, like we did for the baby, but I've had a hard time finding an H for her name in this specific wooden design. Grandma Barbara made adorable curtains for both of the kids rooms and they turned out exactly how we wanted them. Vision!
Savannah has been somewhat of a pill lately. Whining a lot, changing her mind every two seconds, making lots of messes after we clean and all in all, probably being a normal 2 1/2 year old. We know that she probably senses some changes coming. There is lots of baby stuff around the house and she knows who it's for. She still stumps us everyday with the things that she says. She has gotten pretty bossy of late. I guess that comes with the big sister title. She loves to tell Daddy, "Don't talk for a moment please." She doesn't tell me this, probably because whenever she does tell Carter this, I say, "No, you don't tell US what to do." Most of the time she says that when we're picking Carter up from work, so of course he and I are going to want to talk, so, he will be quiet and I will talk for a few minutes. Until he's allowed to talk again. She really loves getting together with her cousin Acacia and her Aunts and Uncles pretty frequently. She will talk about them all day if we bring them up or say we're going to visit. Her memory is impeccable. We can't imagine having another child like her, but if we do, we are truly blessed.
I love that my husband is so giddy for this baby to get here. I know he was last time, but I know he's very excited to have a little boy. He adores Savannah and has such a sweet relationship with her. I can't wait to see the interaction with a boy. We're very anxious to see what he looks like and just meet him.
Well, I've completely lost my train of thought as I have a crying child telling me to "get off the computer" and "don't touch anything", while attempting to spin my chair around so that I will get out of it. (this is one of the most annoying things she could do right now!) I would guess my next post may not be until the baby comes, unless there is something worth posting about, which would probably then lead to the same reason I'm currently getting off, so maybe not...
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh - I am so excited to see the little guy! You should post some pics of the kiddos rooms too! Wish I could just be there to see!!! Oh well - Carter is going to love it. Having a little guy around. But I think you might love it more. We'll see. Andy said he definitely doesn't feel as protective of Sterling than he did of Stella. I do though. I hope this birth is as easy for you as sterling's was for me. I'm so excited! And Give Savannah lots of attention before he comes, cause you will feel bad about how much you have to "ignore" her so to speak once he gets here. When I nurse Sterling, Stella pretty much gets her needs put aside. If she needs something but can't get it for herself - it has to wait. Poor little girl.
The Roelle family is sooooo excited for the little guy to arrive. We can't wait to meet him.
Love you guys,
Annie ;-)
Post a Comment