Last week we took the kids to get some pictures taken because we had a free certificate to Olan Mills for signing up for the newspaper last summer. I decided we should try to use it since Cooper hasn't had any professional pictures taken since he was two weeks old. Their were all kinds of "rules" for our certificate so we were pretty limited as to what we could choose from. I wasn't about to pay $12.99 a sheet for one that was better than this. This is as good as it gets. Taking a 14 month old to a portrait studio is an all around bad idea. He doesn't "sit" or "stand" in one place for more than 2 seconds, so lady who is trying to pose him, don't ask him to do that. So, we get Savannah with a forced smile and Cooper and his serious face. I should have known it was a bad idea from the start when right when we got there Savannah decided to hide under clothes racks and upon coming out her hair was a disaster and all over the place. Hence the "stuck to her head-static look". We've got another certificate which I'm trying to figure out what to do with now. Suffer through another session like that, or maybe leave Cooper out and try a cute cousin photo with Savannah and Acacia? I'd say a family photo, but I'm really not a fan of portrait family photos, especially when I know a certain little man probably won't be looking in the same general area as the rest of us.Saturday, June 26, 2010
Well, We Tried
Last week we took the kids to get some pictures taken because we had a free certificate to Olan Mills for signing up for the newspaper last summer. I decided we should try to use it since Cooper hasn't had any professional pictures taken since he was two weeks old. Their were all kinds of "rules" for our certificate so we were pretty limited as to what we could choose from. I wasn't about to pay $12.99 a sheet for one that was better than this. This is as good as it gets. Taking a 14 month old to a portrait studio is an all around bad idea. He doesn't "sit" or "stand" in one place for more than 2 seconds, so lady who is trying to pose him, don't ask him to do that. So, we get Savannah with a forced smile and Cooper and his serious face. I should have known it was a bad idea from the start when right when we got there Savannah decided to hide under clothes racks and upon coming out her hair was a disaster and all over the place. Hence the "stuck to her head-static look". We've got another certificate which I'm trying to figure out what to do with now. Suffer through another session like that, or maybe leave Cooper out and try a cute cousin photo with Savannah and Acacia? I'd say a family photo, but I'm really not a fan of portrait family photos, especially when I know a certain little man probably won't be looking in the same general area as the rest of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ahhhh adorable!!!! They both look precious.
It's a hard age for Cooper.....I love the picture.
Can't wait to see you guys.
Annie
xoxo
They are all American Kiddos in RED WHITE AND BLUE LOVE IT.. AT LEAST YOU GOT ONE OF THEM HOLDING STILL HAHA MOM SHELLY
Post a Comment