She says peek-a-boo, toots (yes, as in farts), snacks, nose and eyes. Peek-a-boo is the cutest thing. She recognizes if anyone "toots" and will look over and say "toots". It is hilarious.
We're trying to get her onto a sleeping schedule and more of a routine right now too. She's been sleeping in her own bed, because we've been making her and at night we're trying to stick to a routine that includes a bath, brushing teeth, story, pj's, hugs and to bed. She's got tons of teeth and is doing a lot better with letting us brush them.
She is also dancing all over the place. I keep telling Carter that when we take her to any kind of dance class( which is way off in the future, but still), that they're going to turn on the music and she's just going to start dancing and act like she totally knows what she's doing. Of course by then Mommy will have taught her a few things.
Last week she had her 15 month check up and shots. She did really great. Her stats are: 31 inches long (75%), I don't know her head circum. but it was also 75% and her weight was 17 lbs. 9 oz. (under 3%). Soooo, the doctor told us to fortify her milk and put instant breakfast stuff or ovaltine in them. So that's what we're doing. He just wants her to gain some more weight. Thing is, she's always been so small and we've gone through this with the formula and whole milk and nothing has made her gain anymore weight. And now that she's so active and all over the place, she's just burning calories all day. I think she's destined to be a skinny pole.
All I know is, right now she is a lot of fun. Oh, she likes to be chased too, and giggle because of it. That's fun for her and Carter. We're definitely hoping that we can get her settled in her own bed, putting herself to sleep real soon so that we don't have to wake up and get her back to sleep or just let her scream at night. That's no fun. Well, that's the update for now.




2 comments:
I wish I had her problem of being too thin. I wouldn't mind having to supplement my diet with say - ice cream and such to stay a healthy weight. Good luck with the sleeping thing. Stella's voice has been all raspy lately because she screamed her head off a couple of nights in a row since I made her fall asleep without walking her around till she was in a deep slumber. But she's learning - slowly. You should put some video up of Savannah talking cause I want to hear her voice. I am curious what it sounds like.
i wish i could upload stuff. that would be so fun. i don't think we have the capabilities to do that with our camera though.
Post a Comment