On Sunday we went to a nearby beach that was on the resort but technically a different hotel. We met Brian, Kristen, Austin and Keith over there. It was a little cove like beach and the weather was really overcast that day, so we didn't really go in the water, but
BAKK did. They actually saw lots of turtles and Austin sat with some out on this rock reef area.

This is Kristen and Savannah walking down to the water.

Savannah playing with her sand toys. She kept using her bucket as a purse.



One of the turtles that actually came near the shore.

Austin and Savannah....so sweet.

Hammock time....


On Sunday night we had a dinner with the whole family and celebrated my Grandparents 60
th wedding anniversary. I don't have any sunset pictures that came off my digital camera, so I'll have to post some scans later. We took family pictures and the family grilled some
filet mignon steaks ( I know!) and baked potatoes, which were so soft and yummy, some fruit and yummy desserts. Afterward we went up to my grandparents place and watched a video that my uncle made of their lives and when they got married. That was cute.


The darn sun was so bright that a lot of the pictures you can't see faces.


Savannah really liked her Aunt Kristen. Whenever we'd see them she'd run up to her and say hi. She just liked being around her. It was really sweet.

So I'm really disappointed that these pictures didn't turn out and I'm hoping that I can tweak them so that eventually they will, but this was as good as I could get them. They were much darker.

So on a side note, being around all the family, I noticed that everybody looks a lot a like. There are a lot of boys on my Dad's side of the family. I was the only girl for 14 years until my cousin Sierra was born. So aside from myself and I think my cousin Brandon, everyone is
blonde! Well, Keith's hair is a lighter brown, but still closer to
blonde I think. (a lot have blue eyes too!) So we were talking about this on this evening and I was like, "
Everybody's blonde! I have to pay $80 to be
blonde!" Keith just laughed. Now, yeah, I was
blonde until I was about 12, but why did I miss the adult
blonde train?
choo choo. Think how much money I could save....


Papa & Savannah.

This was Monday night; we had dinner over at Brian/Kristen/Austin/Keith's place. Brian made his famous spaghetti with
Italian sausage. It was really good; pretty spicy. Austin let Savannah play with his video game for a second and she didn't want to give it back.

This was on Tuesday; everyone else left early Tuesday morning to go to Oahu for a day, but we didn't do that so we didn't leave til 9 pm! We went up to
Kona/
Kailua area and did some shopping and then went and saw "What happens in Vegas". Anything to try to kill some time. We bought some 5 for $20 t-shirts and more chocolate! So this gas picture had to be taken in my opinion. I'm pissed at having to pay $3.79 here in Utah, so you can imagine how pissed I was having to pay this!! Tell me, can our President REALLY not do something about this? It's ridiculous.

At the airport while we waited for 2 1/2 hours for our flight to leave. We got there super early cause we didn't have anything to do and had to check our car back in. One way to occupy Savannah is to let her "push" her stroller around, except for when she runs into people!
We were all so tired by the time that we left that we were all looking forward to some zzz's. Savannah and I pretty much fell asleep right away, but poor Carter didn't sleep much. By the time we got to San Francisco for our 2 1/2 hour layover, we were so tired, and S was ready to go! She slept the entire flight; I believe I slept the whole flight besides maybe 30 minutes. So we ate some breakfast in the airport and tried to stay awake while chasing her around. Luckily when we took off again, we all slept again! When we got home we stopped for some pizza and then went home and all took a 4 hour nap! Go Savannah! I think she's still trying to recover cause yesterday I had to wake her at 8 am so I could get to work. Rarely does she sleep that late.
All in all, we had a nice trip and relaxed as much as we could. Savannah was great and that helped.
3 comments:
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures and the commentary. I really, I mean
REALLY like the picture of you Carter and Savannah. Very Very nice.
Great pic's. What did Carter think of HI? I'll bet Savannah touched Kristen heart strings. I'm glad you all had a great time. Just for the record, I paid 4.09 at the pump Sat.
Grandma
I can't believe the turtles came that close. And I absolutely love that family picture of the three of you. It needs to be framed. I am jealous...I want one like it. And the gas thing...I am pretty sure it went above 4.00 here too. Ridiculous. I am glad your trip was good. It sure looked good from these posts.
Post a Comment