Yesterday I definitely had a top 10 moment with Savannah. Friday is my day to work at Borders, so the mornings can be kind of hectic getting myself and Savannah ready and making lunches for all 3 of us. Then I have to make sure I don't forget anything and take Savannah down to my Mom. Lately, I just can't get to work on time! At least 10-15 minutes late! So annoying.
Anyway, so here's my adorable daughter story...
Every morning Savannah pretty much has a cup of milk with Ovaltine in it (to TRY to bulk her up) and some cereal. Some days she'll sit in her highchair, but a lot of the time, we lay down a blanket in the family room and she'll sit there and eat. Yesterday she sat in her high chair though so that I could get my breakfast eaten and make lunches. So she's drinking her milk and eating her cereal and all the sudden she lifts her sippy cup up and says "More". She does this every morning. She loves her Ovaltine milk. (In fact this morning I didn't put Ovaltine in her milk, and she totally dissed it. Ovaltine snob!!) So I go over to get her cup and she says, "Thank You". I was so shocked, but she absolutely melted my heart! I was like, "Did you just say thank you?" She has never done that unprompted, and even when we try to prompt her she doesn't say it that well. This was so clear and she was using MANNERS! I can't even tell you how sweet of a moment it was. I got her more milk and when I went to give it back to her asked her, "What do you say?" She just started at me. I said "Thank you?". She goes "Thank you". So sweet.
At work people were asking me about my daughter and of course I had to tell them that story. Then last night Carter was changing her diaper and getting her ready for bed and all the sudden she says "Thank you". I was just like, Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? Once she saw that we were ohhhh and ahhhh-ing over her, she kept saying it. Anyway, I seriously thought to myself, this has got to be one of my top 10 moments with her since she's been born. Not that I could name 10 right this second, but I don't know that it would be top 5, but definitely top 10.
Right now though, my sweet daughter is pulling out and disrupting ALL OF MY ORGANIZED PICTURES!!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oooh, isn't it amazing how much joy we can get when our kids are doing things either well, right, or
so sweetly?
Post a Comment