Monday, August 18, 2008

A little while ago Savannah used the "toilet" for the first time!!! I always try to get her to go before we get in the shower, but she just sits there. Sometimes she asks to sit on it and so you wonder if she'll go, but she doesn't. She was just sitting there today and I didn't think she was going and she got up and I saw PEE!! I clapped and acted (not really acting though!) so excited for her. We'll see how it goes but we haven't been pushing her to do it, so I'm glad she went on her own. BTW, she says "toilet" so adorable. I never thought I'd like hearing that word a whole lot, but she says it so cute that it just makes you smile.

2 comments:

Lorina said...

I put Maddox on the potty before he gets into the bath too! Everyone thinks I am silly because he is only a year old.. but he goes! Not every time but a lot of the time. Next is adding before bedtime.

I didn't potty train Brooklyn this way.. but I heard that if you simply introduce the potty (like just a few times a day) they get the hang of it and it's easier to potty train. I am testing it right now. So far.. so good!

Good Luck! I hope she catches on really quickly for you.

Andy and Melissa said...

I cannot wait for this day. How exciting. And if she potty trains easliy now, it wiill be so wonderfull. I think I am going to try putting Stella on just to see. I guess you never know. Maybe she will think it is cool.