Sunday, January 11, 2009
I BETTER not be jinxing myself right now, but I wanted to share some fabulous news. Savannah did #2 on the potty this morning. Totally unexpected, but we were all so excited! We've been doing the potty thing for about a week and she was holding steady at going pee pee about once a day on there. Then on Friday, she went like 7 times and I think just pee'd in her pull up once and poo'd. Saturday she did even better, not peeing once in the pull up, just poo. I hope this turnaround stays around, but I know anything can happen. I definitely wasn't expecting poo poo on the potty for awhile, we weren't even pushing for that, but she surprised us. It's amazing how excited you can get over that! There's been maybe 1 or 2 times that she's actually mentioned that she needs to go potty, otherwise, we just go up and try every hour/ hour and a half, and she goes. I'm not sure if she's holding it or what. I really don't care as long as she goes. I did come to find out the other day that she doesn't want us in there while she's doing her business. The first few days we'd sit on the toilet or stand there and wait for her to go, and she wouldn't do anything most of the time. Then the other day she says, "Go out there Mommy.", while pointing her finger to leave. Then right away you hear the tinkle. So now we leave her alone and she's just fine. Her potty is a stand alone for now, but you can take the seat off and put in on the big potty when she's ready. Every time she's done she wants to take out the little bowl and flush it. She's not a huge fan of washing her hands, so we have to help her each time. I'm not sure how we'll work things when we go out somewhere, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I've seen these portable little little potty seats that you can take with you places, (has anyone else?) so I think I'm going to look around for them. I'm not sure how the BIG potty will go over, especially at somewhere other than home. I'm just excited for the few days of success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
it's amazing the things we get so excited about, who knew? poo poo pee dew Savannah, way to go pooh!!!! Love, grandma and papa
Woo Hoo, that's great.
Not to mention how much you'll save in diapers and all that stuff. It's costly!! I'm so happy for y'all - that's such a big deal.
Post a Comment