These 3 phrases are very simple, but when coming out of a 2 year olds mouth, they are hilarious and sweet. And Ms. Savannah uses them like a pro. If you ask her if her diaper needs to be changed, she says, "No, it's ok." If you get excited while talking and get a little loud, she says, "Calm down Mommy/Daddy." And she pretty much says "I know" to everything. She likes to go in her room and shut the door now, for privacy?
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
What's Up?
I know. It's ok. Calm down.
These 3 phrases are very simple, but when coming out of a 2 year olds mouth, they are hilarious and sweet. And Ms. Savannah uses them like a pro. If you ask her if her diaper needs to be changed, she says, "No, it's ok." If you get excited while talking and get a little loud, she says, "Calm down Mommy/Daddy." And she pretty much says "I know" to everything. She likes to go in her room and shut the door now, for privacy?
She is an insane Daddy's Girl right now. She follows him around and hides behind him whenever I try to put a coat on her or something. She listens to him a lot better it seems. She started giving him kisses on both cheeks (like the French do) awhile ago, when we'd put her to sleep. It was so funny to us because we have no idea where she got that from. She still calls for Daddy in the morning until he gets up. If I get up to go in there, she just looks at me funny, like, "Wrong person."
Playing with her baby care center.
Where's Savannah? I was literally trying not to crack up when I took this picture one afternoon. We had bear, Curious George and Purdee the Dalmatian in bed with her for her nap. I always go back in later and take them away, but she has caught on. On this particular day I tried to take the bear away and as I did her arm comes swinging up, floating in the air. Mind you, she was asleep. I start laughing. She pulls bear back. I try again and get her away only to hear my child say, "Where'd the bear go?", while she's sleeping. I tell her it's OK and pat her back and then she was fine. She loves her stuffed animals right now. She has been carrying around her bath toys (frog, duck, whale) all week and giving them hugs and kisses. Gross.
We have started potty training. She seems so far to go about once a day in the potty. We got some pull ups for during the day, but she still doesn't understand that she shouldn't pee in them. It's early, so we just keep reinforcing everything and talking to her about peeing on the potty. We'll see how it goes. I've got 100 or so days to try to get this done.
These 3 phrases are very simple, but when coming out of a 2 year olds mouth, they are hilarious and sweet. And Ms. Savannah uses them like a pro. If you ask her if her diaper needs to be changed, she says, "No, it's ok." If you get excited while talking and get a little loud, she says, "Calm down Mommy/Daddy." And she pretty much says "I know" to everything. She likes to go in her room and shut the door now, for privacy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
She is so cute. I love hearing all the little phrases she says. Stella is just getting into that, and it is so funny, because you don;t expect it out of their little mouths. Wish we could get them together now, I think they would play a lot better - maybe this summer.
Post a Comment