Friday, January 9, 2009
I'm feeling torn lately as to whether I, and I say "I", because I think Carter doesn't really care, want to share our choices for baby names. Right now we have 2 solid complete names, 1 first name that we're trying to find a middle name for and 1 name that I really like but Carter hasn't so much, but is now saying a lot, so he's confusing me. Ugh. It's so hard to imagine what this little guy will look like, that it makes it difficult to narrow in on a name. When we had Savannah, at this point we'd pretty much narrowed in on her name, but still had backups. I definitely felt like Savannah would look like she does right now, blonde with blue eyes, and that her name would fit her. Carter was way off on that one, but that's beside the point. So when I think of a little boy, I wonder if he'll be like her, blonde with blue eyes, or if he'll look different. The thing is, you really don't know until they get older anyway. One of our names that we like a lot, in both of our minds, just wouldn't fit a little blonde, blue eyed guy. And the other 3 are pretty good all around. Anyway, so part of me wants to see what others think and throw some names out there, whether there real ones or not. And the other part of me just wants everyone to be surprised after he's born. Unless Carter and I start leaning toward a name pretty soon, we might have to take a day and then name him, so we can really see him. I know I have like 3 1/2 months left, so we have plenty of time, but it's been on my mind. I'm pretty sure that we're not going to decorate a room before hand like we did with Savannah. We don't have an available room right now anyway and we figure he'll be in with us in his bassinet for a couple months. Depending on his size and how he grows. Savannah was in her bassinet for like 8-9 months cause she was so little and I couldn't put her in her room. We do have lots of rearranging to do in our house over the next few months though. I'm sure Carter is very excited about that. I've been in a big time organizational mood lately, but I don't have the actual motivation of a nester. Once I can transition over, I think I'll get a lot done. Anyway, I feel like this was just a blabby post about nothing very important, so I'm going to excuse myself and try to get something done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
hahaha, this post makes me laugh. I am lucky because I am totally nesting right now, and we just moved to a new place, so I am getting everything super organized. Only problem is, I don't have much time to do it, and if the baby comes before I finish - then we are in trouble, becasue I don't think I'll be up to unpacking and organizing then. I bet whatever you name him will end up seeming perfect for him in the end. I thinkn that once you get uesd to a name - it just seems to fit. Like when we were naming stella - andy said that we could only name a girl roxy if she had dark hair - and I was picturing roxy on a bleach blonde. Weird... but it took us a day to name Stella, and once we saw her - we were able to narrow it down to Stella and Liv, then it was just deciding after that - so even if you don't know what you will name him till after you see him, it is ok. It didn't bother me having to call her baby smith for a few hours - because it was almost like she was part of the naming process since she was there and around while we were deciding. Either way, I think it usually works out pretty well, and I'm sure his name will fit him just right.
Blah Blah Blah Blah. Is that how you felt? J/K. Melissa wrote a long comment too. Anyway, good luck with the process.
I think boy names are waaay harder than girl names, Good Luck!! I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect!
Post a Comment