Saturday, March 20, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

Photobucket
On my Birthday my Mom watched the kids for most of the day and Carter and I went out. I mainly wanted to do some things that needed to get done and do a little shopping. I thought about a movie, but opted against it. Besides, we had a movie at home that we decided to watch that evening. Anyway, for lunch we went to one of my favorite places, Cafe Zupas. They have yummy salads! Then we had to return something to Children's Place and found something else for Cooper. Cute! Then we went and got 2 new tires for our car. At Christmas time we got 2 but needed 2 more and it was time to get them. While they worked on our car we walked over to Best Buy and wandered around and bought "Princess and the Frog" for Savannah for Easter. Shhh...After our car was done we went to Walmart to purchase new glasses for both of us. (Upon walking into Walmart I spotted $4 Ugg knock offs! Sweet! Purchased!) This was one of the things I really wanted to do. We both need glasses so bad and I wanted to try to find a cute pair. It was more of a hassle trying to get our prescription transferred from Target and we ended up not being about to finish our order that day. I went back Friday to finish the order and pick out a different pair of glasses because apparently the ones I wanted can't be done in my prescription. They can't go higher than -5.00 and one of my eyes is -5.25. Horrible! Anyway, so after looking at glasses we went to Roberts Crafts to try to find something, which we couldn't find. Then we went to Old Navy and I found a cute pair of shorts and Hallelujah!! a cute pair of sort-of-skinny short jeans. So excited! After that we went back to my Mom's to pick up the kids and go get some Chinese! There is a new place that just opened up around the corner from our house and we really wanted to try it. Ronald and my Mom ended up getting pizza at the place next door and then joined us for dinner and some goodies. Savannah fell asleep on the way over to get food and sleep the rest of the night, so I didn't even get a picture with her. And she looked so cute too. We put Cooper to bed and watched "Did you hear about the Morgans?", and I fell asleep with about 30 minutes left of the show. Carter told me how it ended in the morning. Anyway, it was a fun day just spending it with my hubby and doing whatever, without chasing kids around and giving them snacks all day. Thanks for watching them Mom.
Photobucket
On Friday Grandma Barbara and Kacey came over to watch and play with the kids for a couple hours so that Mommy could get some things done. I was able to do a few things, plus Barbara helped us make our first loaf of bread in our bread machine AND she fixed our vacuum. Oh, that was funny. She cracked that thing open and worked on it and out came one of the plastic jalapenos from the kitchen set. We thought maybe that was it, but after a few more rounds of turning it on/take it apart/wiggle stuff out, a TON of stuff came out of it. I'm so glad it's fixed now and that we didn't buy a new one; we were seriously contemplating it. Kacey painted Savannah's nails which she was SOOO excited about.

Photobucket
We celebrated our Nephew Austins 16th Birthday on Friday night at Brick Oven. Yum. Afterward we went to Shelby and Steven's house and just hung out for awhile. When all of them wanted to go get "New Moon" at midnight we left and came home. I've got to go get my copy today! One of the funniest parts of the night was watching Cooper walk really fast on the treadmill and laugh while doing it.

It's been a fun few days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The many faces of Cooper are too funny..fun time for you .. grandma shelly