Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Good 'ol Days

Ten years ago I was a total teeny bopper. Hardcore. I mean, the "I'm going to marry Justin Timberlake someday" teeny bopper. It was so fun. Recording every TV appearance Nsync was on(some of which I still can't part with), going to as many concerts as possible, posters all over my room. Obsessed. In Love. Oh yeah. And I was not alone. Their were others. But mostly my bestie Melissa and myself. We were (are?) the biggest Nsync fans. We knew all their dance moves and I'd bet we both still remember some of them because of the endless hours we practiced over and over and over again. We made video tapes to send to them that looking back on, were so ridiculous. Who would want to watch 16 year old girls play basketball or play video games? Why were we wearing overalls? Right, because they did. We were awesome though, and we knew it. We may have even been in a little documentary that was filmed at my house and was actually sold in stores. No, I will not tell you the name of it so you can find it and watch it. It's embarrassing. But freaking awesome. The bopper times went on for a few years. Am I still a bopper? I think I might be. I still get all giddy watching Justin Timberlake do his thang. And yes, I'm still waiting for a reunion. I can hope.

The cast of the Twilight Saga was on Oprah today. I love the books and movies so I wanted to watch it. Their was a part in the show where Robert Pattinson (Edward) and Taylor Lautner (Jacob) went to surprise girls at their houses and tell them they could come to the show. I couldn't help but smile throughout this whole episode. It brought me back to my bopper days. These girls were freaking out at the sight of them in there house. They didn't even know what to say and just wanted to hug them. I kept thinking, oh gosh, that was me ten years ago. I was that crazy girl who would have freaked out had Justin Timberlake shown up at my door. I wouldn't have known what to say to him. At least now I know I could at least have a conversation with him. I think. Maybe someday.....(la la land).....Anyway, as I sat and watched this show, they started talking about Twi-Moms. I've heard of them before. Am I one of them? I think I might be. It's Moms who get together and watch the movies and have parties before premieres and stuff, and they totally love all things Twilight. Uh. I've done that. So have my sisters. We're Twi-Moms aren't we? Whatever. It's cool. We all embrace our nerdy love for vampires (or werewolves). June 30th can't come soon enough. I guess I haven't changed that much in ten years. Hey, at least I don't have Edward posters all over my room, right?

Bestie, Remember when you were on vacation, (somewhere, I don't remember) and I wrote you this long email about how I got to meet Nsync and we did all these really fun things, and it was really just one of those silly fill in the black things from BOP magazine, but you totally FELL FOR IT!! Good times.

2 comments:

Larsen Family said...

crazy. yup. i still have the video. you better have burned all our crazy videos!

Anonymous said...

Oh no Girls MOM Johnston has a video so you girls Beware I may have to Let the cat out of the bag Nsync lives on ,, Those were fun times even for us Moms great memories..Even some vacations were to see Justin HOme town etc etc.. crazy times but full of fun... hugs shelly