Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Photobucket
We spent New Years at home, like most years. I kind of hate this holiday; it's always retarded. We ended up watching "Going the Distance", which was pretty funny and by the time it was over, it was past midnight. We chugged down some "sparkling cider" and went to bed. Whoop de doo. We did take lots of silly pictures, as you can see, before the kids went to bed though.

Photobucket
You're probably wondering why in one of theses pictures, my face looks like it does. Well, my daughter looks all cute, right? Well, two seconds earlier she burped in my face and it was very unpleasant, right as I was snapping the picture. BURPED! Oh my gosh it was nasty and so my face is too. I normally wouldn't post such a horrendous picture, but I felt you might need to know the pain my nostrils were in.

We have many New Years resolutions like always, and I hope we can stick to them. Things like: Savannah not watching so much tv and doing more "school" type activities, eating out less, exercising regularly and getting organized around the house. Oh, and I want to be more "girlie". Not that I'm tomboy-ish at all, but I feel like their are plenty of "girlie" things that I haven't done for myself in a long time. So, I painted my nails on New Years Eve. With really sparkly pink polish that I just bought. When was the last time I did that? I want to wear perfume more. Not body spray. And wear my jewelry and lipstick or gloss. Things like that. Kind of funny, I know, but when I'm walking around in my sweatpants feeling grungy, maybe I can look down at some painted finger nails and feel "girlie". And like always, I'd love to fit in my cute jeans. Cuz I love my old jeans, not really the current ones. We should be moving the elliptical machine upstairs and out of the basement tonight so that we'll use it more. It's too damn cold in the basement to work out.

Well, I hope everyone had a good New Years and will be able to start 2011 off great! I know I hope this year starts off better, because pretty much the first half of 2010 was crappy.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorable pictures .. Love the hair bow .. Love to all Grandma shelly

Anonymous said...

lOVE MY GIRLS ... SO ADORABLE OF YOU TWO.. RASHEL AND SAVANNAH GRANDMA SHELLY