Saturday, February 23, 2008

Crawling contest

Today I was at Walmart doing some shopping and I was over in the baby department and all the sudden this employee comes up and asks if Savannah wants to be in a crawling contest and win a $50 Huggies gift card. I told her that I didn't think she'd actually crawl, because she walks, but thought, what the heck? maybe she would. Their were like 6 kids that we're younger than her and not walking who also entered. So they start and I set Savannah down to start the "race" and then I go to the "finish line". (it was all of maybe 10 feet.) So they say "GO!", and none of the babies move. Their just staring at everyone else and ignoring the cheers to MOVE. Finally a little baby started crawling toward her mom and then another, but my dear Savannah just sat there. Didn't move a bit. I could tell she was wondering what the heck was going on and she was probably terribly amused. She wouldn't come to me for nothing. Not my beloved phone, or her sippy cup or the keys. After she didn't move for a couple minutes and someone else already won, I just picked her up and walked away. I was really hoping she'd win and we could get a sweet gift card. I guess that's what I get for trying to make her be "little" again and crawl.

2 comments:

Joneel said...

Oh gosh, I can almost picture it.
FRUSTRATING !!! (sort of)

Andy and Melissa said...

This is soooo funny. I didn't even know they did things like this. I would have entered stella and she doesn't crawl yet. Just in case - what if her first few crawls won her 50 bucks. I'd take it. Too bad she didn't move. At least you know she isn't going to budge unless she wants to - we need more strong willed girls out there - or do we? hmm...