Saturday, November 15, 2008

Our Girl

This is what Savannah did when I asked her to smile for me!
She is talking up a storm right now. She says things on her own now and we don't have to prompt her. She says multiple complete sentences. It WOWS us. She must really listen to, (even though I KNOW she doesn't sometimes) because she is learning phrases that we say, and then she changes the tense for herself. The other day when we dropped her off with my Mom so we could go to work, she was following us out the back door and she goes, "Drive Safe, Love you." I didn't hear her at first and then she said it again and Carter and I looked back and were like, What did you just say? I swear. It was so cute though. She wakes Carter up every morning with, " Daddy, wake up!", and if he doesn't hurry, she starts saying, "Daddy, where are you?". I know he'd love to sleep in, but she won't have it any other way. And there's the very small reason that he just can't resist her. She is becoming a picky eater and eats what and when she wants. We were both picky eaters, so it's to be expected. She loves her Daddy's pancakes though. She still loves her movies and quotes them all day. (This is definitely a Daddy trait. He remembers lines from a whole movie!) It's exciting to think about how much she's going to teach this new baby. We are excited for Christmas and to see her reactions this year. Santa was a big no no last year, so hopefully she'll like him now. Presents-Hello?!! She will be ripping those puppies open so fast.

1 comment:

Larsen Family said...

first off...love the picture. that is priceless. i have that same body suit for the baby. also...love the first haircut pictures. i still haven't taken makenna for her 1st haircut. i thought about doing a million times but can't bring myself to take her. haha