Thursday, December 4, 2008

And the Verdict is.....








That we are having a BOY! A total shocker to both Carter and I, but we are really excited. Since this pregnancy has been so similar to my first, we both thought it would be a girl, but we were both WRONG! We were both genuinely surprised. The last picture of HIM flexing his arm was one of the first pictures that we saw (before we knew it was a HE), and we both were like, "Maybe it's a boy." He's already got his Daddy's sense of humor and is trying to show off his muscles. That is my favorite picture of all. This time around we could see things very clearly and he was positioned great. Everything looked good too. It was quite obvious that it was a BOY! I'm still on target for April 16th, so that's good. He's about 13 oz. at this point. I have felt kicks and movement lately, but much lower than I remember with Savannah, and mostly at night before I fall asleep. My Mom and I went out tonight and got a few cute things. I had actually been buying for a girl and a boy over the last few weeks, just in case, so I had some things to take back that were for a girl. Now that we know, we can definitely start getting serious about names. We've had a lot of boy names floating around, but we do have our favorites. Maybe we'll wait until he's born to make a final decision though. Wow, it is so weird to say HIM. I know Carter was saying he was so happy at work today, even if it was a tough day, because he knew he was having a boy and was telling everybody that he could. I know we can't wait to see what he looks like, or WHO he looks like. I kept looking at Savannah all day and trying to imagine her as a boy and what he'd look like. I didn't get very far, and besides, I'm sure he won't look exactly like her anyway. All we can hope for though is a healthy happy baby boy!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for you guys. Yippee a boy! The pictures you posted are amazing. Oh my gosh.....Congratulations!!!!!!
Love,
The Roelles xoxo

ps I can't wait to go shopping for my new nephew. Annie :-)

Joneel said...

Woo Hoo, best friend playmates again. And even closer in age this time. FUN TIMES

Larsen Family said...

CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! I wouldn't even know what to do with a boy though! haha good luck!

Anonymous said...

Rashel and Carter, this is wonderful news. I can imagine how excited you both are. There is nothing like planning and waiting for a new bundle from heaven. Have fun.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

OH boy OH BOy so Excited its a boy so happy One of each so nice . We will have such fun with him cant wait for a grandson ...Ronald is very excited for a boy toooo..Rashel you look so good ,. way to go guys . The Cherry name will go on .. Love Mom DAD and Ronald YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lorina said...

Congratulations.. sorry this is so late! Boys are so much fun!