The potty training is still going. We've had good days and bad, but I still don't think we've conquered the potty. She likes to wear her panties and some days had no accidents, but other days went pee a few times in them and on one of the first panty days, I had the most disgusting mess, courtesy of Savannah. We think for the most part that she understands how to hold the pee, but she doesn't understand the part about telling us that she needs to go. She just waits for us to take her most of the time. She was holding her poo as well for a few days, which in turn means that when she does need to go, that it's hard to. No pun intended. Both times that happened we caught her awkward standing position and funny faces, so we immediately took her to the bathroom and talked her through the process. She's very excited after she conquers that. I think the hardest part about the training is that she's 2.5, and she just wants to have fun all the time, so taking any time out to relieve herself is torture to her. She still won't go on the normal potty, just her little plastic one. I tried putting her on the big potty and she said that she wanted to go on hers, and the big one was mine. Tried at church too, where they have an adorable little potty and sink in the nursery bathroom...but she wouldn't do it. I think she just held it for 3 hours of church. So, the training will continue until we have conquered it. It is great that I don't have to change her diapers now. I think our leftover diapers and pull ups will last for awhile. It's just that I feel like I'm potty training, since I have to take her to the bathroom every little bit. Carter said the other day, after Savannah wouldn't pee or something, "She's like her Mommy." I said Why? He said, "She doesn't like being told what to do." True.
Thursday, July 2, 2009
The Bare Necessities
The potty training is still going. We've had good days and bad, but I still don't think we've conquered the potty. She likes to wear her panties and some days had no accidents, but other days went pee a few times in them and on one of the first panty days, I had the most disgusting mess, courtesy of Savannah. We think for the most part that she understands how to hold the pee, but she doesn't understand the part about telling us that she needs to go. She just waits for us to take her most of the time. She was holding her poo as well for a few days, which in turn means that when she does need to go, that it's hard to. No pun intended. Both times that happened we caught her awkward standing position and funny faces, so we immediately took her to the bathroom and talked her through the process. She's very excited after she conquers that. I think the hardest part about the training is that she's 2.5, and she just wants to have fun all the time, so taking any time out to relieve herself is torture to her. She still won't go on the normal potty, just her little plastic one. I tried putting her on the big potty and she said that she wanted to go on hers, and the big one was mine. Tried at church too, where they have an adorable little potty and sink in the nursery bathroom...but she wouldn't do it. I think she just held it for 3 hours of church. So, the training will continue until we have conquered it. It is great that I don't have to change her diapers now. I think our leftover diapers and pull ups will last for awhile. It's just that I feel like I'm potty training, since I have to take her to the bathroom every little bit. Carter said the other day, after Savannah wouldn't pee or something, "She's like her Mommy." I said Why? He said, "She doesn't like being told what to do." True.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Savannah you look so tall standing there .. keep up the good work it will happen sometime soon she will get the program down .. no worries hugs and kisses miss you grandma shelly They are soooooooo cute and adorable I feel blessed
Post a Comment