The kids both had there well visits on Tuesday; Savannah for her 3 year and Cooper for his 6 month.
Cooper weighed in at 16 lbs. 5 oz. (30%) and is 27 1/2 inches long (75%). The doctor referred to him as "large and in charge". He said he looked great. He got two shots and one oral. The shots didn't seem to bother him as much this time, but later in the day when I went to tickle his legs, he FREAKED out. I wasn't sure why but I picked him up and then let him stand up and he started freaking out again. His legs. He didn't want to bare any weight on them and one of his legs had a little bruise on it. Poor guy. Carter went right to the store and got some Tylenol and he had a nice warm bath. They don't seem to be bothering him anymore. He is rolling all over the place and has figured out how to slither his way out of his car seat, sit up and then get to his tummy. So now the car seat is not an effective way of keeping him contained for a few minutes; and neither is the bouncer. We're running out of options. We think he's teething a lot; he's got something in his mouth all the time and his little bottom gums look white and patchy. I'm guessing that that first tooth is still a ways off though. He eats all. the. time. Every two hours pretty much. We're starting to work more solids in so he can fill up on that and hopefully not wake up for a 4/5 A.M. feeding. He is incredibly clingy right now and always wants to be held. We desperately need to get him in his crib. He loves it when his sister jumps and twirls around; he has a giggle fit for about ten minutes. His eyes change colors daily. I know that sounds weird, but seriously, one minute they're like a honey color and the next they'll be this dark blue/grey with a lot of green. Carter never sees them look blue/green, so he's always saying they're brown. We'll see. He grabs everything! Right now he has kicked my keyboard in like 15 times, making my post time a lot longer than I'd like. We're also working on the sitting. He does pretty well until he gets excited and then just flies backwards. The spitting up is slowing down, but then again, I did get pelted with it just a little while ago.We're getting lots of "he looks just like his Mommy" lately.
It had been a year since Savannah's last well visit and she was not very friendly this time around. She let them weigh her, but would not stand and be measured, even when I did it first. We tried to lay her down on the table but she squirmed everywhere, so I'm pretty sure it's not that accurate. She weighs 27.4 lbs.(about 15%) and is around 37 1/2 inches (75%). She didn't want the doctor checking her out at all. He even tried princess talk and she kept quiet. She went out of the room when Cooper got his shots, and then came back to get her 1 shot. I don't think she expected it, but she was very upset. For about a minute. A sucker does tend to fix everything though. She has quite the "personality" lately. She doesn't want to potty train, but that's just not going to happen. She has no problem just peeing and pooping in her panties. We have a problem with this though. But we've got to stick with it and just not do as much from now on because that really needs to be a priority. She still loves her movies and quotes them all day. She is also starting to be more imaginative lately. She plays with her ponies and Barbies and speaks for them. She is very good with Cooper, but she has her moments were she really just wants the attention. She loves to dance and sing to all the Disney songs. She makes "friends" wherever she goes. Literally; Old Navy. The Temple. Anywhere. She is beyond social. She likes to introduce herself to everyone and say "I'm Savannah!" or "It's me!". She still loves to color and paint. She still takes a pretty good afternoon nap (praise) and if she misses it, all hell breaks loose and she really isn't pleasant. Although she is going through a very independent stage right now, she still is very happy and fun to be around.
Since getting home I've made some goals, that I really need to transfer to paper so I don't forget, that I want to have happen for the kids and our family. Some of which are: potty training you know who, getting Cooper on a better eat and sleep schedule and introducing more solids, more productive activities, not going out as much, getting back to our dinner menu, eating better ( a lot better actually), not eating out so much, and getting my bootay in gear and starting on my goodie bags for a certain someones baby shower. Just to name a few. We have actually finished our shopping for Cooper for Christmas though!! Got some great deals and it's good to not have to worry about that. Well, this was quite a long update that was more than just there stats....so I will call it good.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love all you kidlelts mom
Post a Comment