Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cali Overload

We've been home for awhile now, but I'm just now getting to posting about our California trip. We went down with my parents and brother for my cousin Chris's wedding at the San Diego Temple and to visit family and friends. My parents were finally able to twist my arm into going with both the kids. Unfortunately Carter couldn't go because of working full time and going to school full time. We left on Friday the 16th and came back on Monday the 19th. Short and sweet. Before you go any further, beware, there are a TON of photos. Like, a ton.


This was Cooper's first time on an airplane. He did pretty well and only fussed because he was tired and eventually just went to sleep. Savannah did pretty good too, other than having to remind her to stop pushing and kicking the person in front of her. My Mom had the wonderful pleasure of sitting right across from the lavatory and smelling the wonderful perfumes left by all as they exited.


After we got in we headed to the hotel in Anaheim to freshen up and then headed to my hometown in the Hills of Chino. The city has changed so much since I was last there in July of 2006, while there for my baby showers for Savannah!! A little over 3 years. It was crazy different. Lots more shopping! We went to the Shoppes at Chino Hills and met up with some friends. They have a Brighton store there which my Mom loves (and Lesli too!) so we went in. I found the cutest sunglasses, but was not going to pay $75 for them, but nonetheless, cute.






Here is my Mom, Bonnie, Savannah and me, Joneel and Cooper. I've known these ladies for like, all my life practically. Ronald and Brian were there too.



We then headed over to Red Robin and had some yummy dinner. After visiting we headed across the street to Borders, where it all started for me. My friend Ricky, who I met at Borders when we opened that store, came by to see us and we chatted for awhile. Savannah ran around and made a friend. Some of the same people still work at that store. Not people I like though. But it was fun making fun of the manager who still works there, and still wears the same outfit.




On Saturday was Chris's wedding in San Diego. We got there around noon and while my parents went inside, the kids and I and Ronald stayed outside. After a little while we ran into family members and were able to hang out with them.















I tried to get pictures of Savannah while we waited, but she was on the move a lot of the time and also being Buzz Lightyear.












Another of Savannah's past times was hopping along these rocks right by the temple. I would have preferred she didn't do this, but having a meltdown at the temple was something I didn't really want to have her do.





Great Great Grandma Marion. She ran up into her arms when she saw her. We were surprised she remembered who she was.




And what would a trip to the temple be without making a new friend? This is Tegan. They were only two months apart and played really well together. She was at the reception later too and they got there far share of running in. They even wore dresses that looked a lot alike. Savannah kept calling her "sweetie".





Another person she kept calling "sweetie" was my cousin Sierra (right). She wanted to play with her and designated her as her playmate for awhile too.








We played a game of "when and where are Chris and Kaci coming out of the temple", but made it there to see them come out.











Mr. GQ himself.

















I think he looks happy to be married.















Before we left I wanted to make sure to get a few pictures of all of us, minus Cooper. He was sleeping, and well, you just don't wake a sleeping baby.











The reception was in San Clemente so after leaving the temple we made our way down there. The fog started to pack in and it got a little chilly. Most of our time in Cali it was HOT, but when you want it to be HOT, it's cold.


All of my pictures with the kids are just me with one of them. Darn it, I didn't get one with BOTH of them in it.




I got lots of "he looks just like his Mommy" on this trip. Yeah.


After the reception we headed back to the hotel to relax. My grandparents and aunt stayed at the same hotel that night so we went over and visited with them for a little while. Savannah got to watch the Disneyland fireworks and insisted on Grandma Marion watching them with her. She also had everyone drawing pictures for her on the nice little note pads the hotel gives you.
Sunday morning we went to church at my old ward. Well, I wouldn't say we actually went to church because we got there like 45 minutes late and then pretty much just mingled in the hallways between the two ward times. You know, keeping people from going to class and stuff. It was good to see people from that ward and it's crazy how much some of those kids have grown since I saw them. After church we went to Jack in the Box. That was one of my requests while down there. Since Utah is lame and doesn't have Jack in the Box I have to get my fill when I'm in Cali. I've always liked there tacos. They're totally bad for you and really greasy, but for some reason I like them. And they have way yummy curly fries.



Since Mommy had her picture taken with her food, Savannah needed her picture taken with her food too.



After eating we headed over to my Aunt and Uncles house in San Dimas. I'd never been to there house so it was a treat to go there. Savannah got MORE presents and had such a blast running around there backyard and playing pool inside.













One of the things she got was the Disney movie Pocahontas, and she wanted to watch it right away! She also watched Shrek while we were there.











Uncle Chris and Cooper.






Joe & Christi.




Savannah also wanted to play right away with her coloring book and super duper cool markers that only color on this paper. She recruited Joe right away to color with her. :) Joe and Savannah also played pool together. Or, Savannahs version of pool, which is rolling the balls around the table and stuff.




Christi, me and Cooper.





Christi, her boyfriend Mark and Cooper and me.








Annie and Savannah.

It was so great to be able to visit with them because we don't see them all that often. We had such fun!!




That night these two sacked out and I put them in bed together while my Mom and I packed. I couldn't resist a few pictures.



On Monday we didn't leave until noon, but since we were up early with the kids, and mostly packed, my Mom and I contemplated going over to Downtown Disney for a bit to check out the Disney Store. We packed everything up fast and headed over there by 9 am. Too bad everything opens at 10 am. So we waited for an hour. We threw pennies in this little pond.








Savannah likes to make this face a lot lately. I make this face a lot. Scrunchy nose.....

















I thought it appropriate to take a picture in front of the Sleeping Beauty display.
Once they opened we ran in and looked around fast because we only had a little time. Boy, that store is huge and they have everything you could every imagine.




This picture was just too cute to leave out.
Ok, Wow. That was a lot of pictures. Like I said, a short and sweet trip, filled with fun, family and friends. That's the way it should be.
Now, someone please tell me how to fill this space....why does this happen? It never used to happen and then one day it just started leaving huge spaces between pictures. It's so annoying. Have fun looking at all this space.














































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the part about were mom sat by the lavatory and the perfume smells.. not the smell I was thinking of.. PPPPPUUUUUUUUUUU. remind me not to sit there again. other than that such a wonderful trip and memory .So glad we got to go and be togather. next time carter needs to go...the kids did great and were angels.. mom & dad

Andy and Melissa said...

wish I could have gone with you!!! Chino hills has changed a ton huh... its crazy!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures! We had so much fun having you guys over. Can't wait to do it again....we missed not seeing Carter.
We love you all.
Annie