Sunday, January 31, 2010

The End Of The Beginning

I'm glad this month is over.It's been a pretty crappy start to a new year. Maybe February can be our real start of a new year? There are so many things that need to be done in our household right now. Like what you ask? Well....

-We've been working on potty training and I hope that we can be less busy and distracted and focus on that more. Savannah is doing pretty good so far.
-Cooper is still not consistently sleeping in his bed. This is a real struggle for us. He'll sleep in there for a few hours at night, while we're still awake it seems, and then he wakes between 1 and 2 a.m. Well, at that time of the morning neither of us really want to deal with his crying or trying to get him to go back to sleep, so he ends up in our bed. He loves our bed and sleeps great in it. But, this has got to stop.
-We have eaten like crap lately. Crap. So much eating out and on the run. Horrible for the waistline and not healthy whatsoever. So, we'll be eating at home more.
-We have had no kind of workout regime for awhile now and we are both suffering from this. I am never motivated and wonder when exactly I have time to work out. But, considering the fact that my favorite jeans don't really fit me too well right now, I need to get back in shape. Right now I think my plan is that I'm going to have to go to bed earlier and get up at 6:30 before the kids. That doesn't sound fun at all to me, but I'm hoping that the exercise will give me more energy and motivation. And get me back into those favorite jeans.
-There is one thing we are totally excited about come Tuesday. LOST!!! Tuesdays will be our special day where we have yummy food and dessert and were the kids will be in bed, whether asleep or not, when it comes on.
-I thrive on lists. And I can't live without my planner. I mean, I can remember most things going on, but I like to plan. I can't go to the grocery store and just buy stuff. I have to make a list and know what meals I'm planning on what day and how much I need. So, back to the "planning" we will go. It's so much easier for me, and I think Carter too, to plan what we need to do each day and check it off as we go. Otherwise, we'd just sit down and watch movies every night and get nothing accomplished. And sometimes that is what happens. But considering we didn't get everything done on our last list at Christmas time, it's time to get back to the grind. I just hate feeling so behind all the time.

So, wish us luck. Change is always hard, but I feel like we really need it.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! You guys have had a lot of stuff going on this month. Time for a fresh start.
I love to make lists! It works for me.
Good luck with potty training...I know Savannah will do great.
I hope Cooper starts sleeping through the night...it's hard on parents.
Love you all
Annie :-)

Anonymous said...

tooooooooooooooooo cute love grandma shelly

Andy and Melissa said...

Hey - I get my pics big by loading them to photobucket or flickr first... then I just put them from the web when Im uploading them instead of from my computer. Also you have to change your template to stretch. So mine is minima stretch. Some of the templates don't offer stretch - but enough do. So its pretty easy. hope that makes sense. Let me know if I just confused you. Love ya!