Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hawaii Pt.1

PRE-HAWAII: I started packing for our trip, probably about a week and a half before we left. That was actually starting late for me. I always pack early, which I'm learning, means I bring more stuff and now I really realize, I don't need to bring so much STUFF! Anyway, so about 2 days before leaving my throat starts to feel scratchy and it hurts. I hope it's not anything. Then the next day I wake up with a full on cold. I don't ever get sick!! I was mad. Then around 4:30 (the day before we leave) when Carter gets home, all the sudden I feel as if I'm getting a cold sore. Out of nowhere, I just feel that I have a cold sore. For those of you who know me pretty well, I've been blessed with getting cold sores from a young age. What perfect timing, huh? Well, I was right. So immediately I put some Abreva on and just pray that it goes away or stays really small. (I've been known to get huge ones that also make my face tingle. : ) So in the morning of course it wasn't gone, just bigger and got bigger over the next two days. I don't think theirs anything that makes me more self conscious. So off I go to Hawaii with a cold and a cold sore. I have never flown with a cold, but now I know that it sucks. I was getting shooting pains over my right eyebrow as we landed in San Francisco and my head was seriously hurting. Carter says, "Didn't you take a DayQuil?" "NO." "Well, that's why." Didn't know I needed to take a DayQuil so that I wouldn't feel as though my head was going to blow off. Huh. Needless to say, I took a DayQuil on the 5 hour flight to Hawaii. It was not the best start to a vacation.

Thursday we got to the resort by about 3pm. We were pretty tired so we just went to the store and bought some dinner and hung out in the condo. Carter and Savannah sacked out by 7pm and I stayed awake. Good thing cause my family called at 8pm and couldn't find the resort check in. It was hard to find in daylight, let alone night. So they came and got me and I took all of them over there. By the time I got back I caught the last hour of the Grey's Anatomy finale and then called it a night. Savannah and Carter woke up around 4:30 am, 8:30 am Utah time, so we were pretty much up early.
The view out of our condo. Right out to the gold course.
Silly goose.

On Friday morning everyone went over to say hello to my Grandparents at there condo. The view from there condo was amazing. Signature hole, ocean front.

Grandpa; living it up.
I'm ready for the beach! Friday afternoon the family headed over to the beach.


The little cove beach at our resort.




Austin up on the black rocks.
Beach bums.




Savannah and Carter.






Keith, Savannah, Carter






Sweet glasses!

Wasted!
Friday night Keith took our family out to Ruth's Chris Steak House in the resort shopping area. It was yummy food, but absolutely insane prices! Thanks again Keith!







2 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

Love her glasses! And that sucks about the cold sore. I always get sick when I get stressed. May be you were stressed. I don't know if you remember this but after every concert in high school...I would be sick the next day...either from yelling I love you too much...or from the excitement. It was probably because you were so excited and stressed.

The Cherry Family said...

You mean Nsync concerts or school concerts? i'm assuming Nsync.