Sunday, June 1, 2008

Noises and Smacks

After Carter got home from work today, we were just hanging out on the couch and Savannah brought up her new book that Grandma B brought over. It has tons of pictures of animals in it. So Carter and Savannah start looking at it and he starts making noises of different animals. I can't make animal noises worth a darn, so it's good that he does them pretty well. So they're going along and she's laughing at some of them and then Carter gets to the owl and makes the noise. Savannah smacks his mouth while he's doing it! Anytime he'd do the owl and even another one that I can't remember, she'd smack his mouth. We don't know whether she didn't like the sound or just thought it'd be funny to smack him. We we're laughing though.

Later I decided that I wanted to get out the video camera and get some footage cause I don't do it that often anymore. Before she was mobile, I had hours of footage of her just trying to scoot an inch. Don't all new moms? Anyway, so whenever I've gotten the video camera out in the last 6 months, she's all about it and messing with it and getting way to close. So I'm getting some not so good stuff, when all the sudden, Savannah just rips off her diaper (she only had a diaper on) and starts running around. Carter and I were both just like "What the...?" Of course this was great footage! It took awhile to get the diaper back on her, and then she took it off not 1 minute later. Once again we had to wrangle her to put it back on. Luckily she didn't do it again, but it was so hard not to laugh at it. She is one silly girl.

She is saying so many new words lately. She just picks up on them. A few are: dirty, rock, Where are you?, get, Carter, apples (any fruit is apples we believe), cherree (for cereal), Where go?, Where binky?, carseat, etc. "Carter" comes from me saying his name and her now copying me. She did this a few weeks back when we were gardening at my families and my mom was yelling for "Ron!" Savannah starting yelling, "Ron! Ron!" She is just picking so much up it's so cool.

She has started to show a few signs of getting upset when she doesn't get what she wants. She likes to just plop down wherever she is and pout. Sometimes she'll roll around or swing her feet. It's funny to watch.

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

That is so cute how she is picking up on more words. Little kids are so smart. I can't imagine learning as much as they do in such a short time. I also think it is very funny that she says Carter. He he he... she is a crack up.