Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Simpler Things

For the past few weeks I have been frantically trying to find my old, non-maternity clothes. I was at a loss. I had a few items of clothing, but I was really starting to get worried that I'd lost them or given them away to DI over Christmas. (we gave away sooo much stuff before the end of the year.) I knew that I wouldn't do that though. Believe me, I'd love to say that I "lost" all my clothes and have to go buy all new ones, but I also know that that would be very irresponsible at this point. Finally the other night Carter went down to the basement to see if he could find the box that they were in. I put all of Savannah's outgrown clothes in her diaper boxes, and I wondered if I'd put my clothes in one of the diaper boxes as well. There's a lot of those boxes. Well, he found the box. I can't tell you how relieved I was. As I was going through the box, I was so excited. I wasn't exactly sure why I'd be so excited about wearing old clothes, but I was. I found my jeans...oh how I love my jeans. I immediately tried them on and luckily they fit. I felt great in them. A little while later I was thinking about it and my thought was that it really is about the simpler things in life. How your jeans can make you feel like a new woman. How eating warm brownies and ice cream with your hubby is the perfect ending to a hectic day. How watching your daughter twirl around the living room dancing and singing, and then watch her walk right into a wall because she's so clumsy, can keep the humor alive. How a little body curled up in your bosom can make you feel so warm and needed. This is what it's all about. For me at least. I know that I could freak out all day long about debt and the impending medical bills, and believe me I still will a little...or more than a little, but when it comes down to it, what matters the most are these little people...and my hubby of course. They are my life. And I love it.























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Savannah & Cooper look adorable in the Bro & SIS t-shirts . Rashel you make me proud to be your MOM , My Children and Husband are my whole world tooo.. I feel very blessed for my children and grandchildren.. It dosent get any better than that...love you mom shelly

Joneel said...

So....it must be what happens to new mom's after having their second kid. your post reminded me of melissa's, after she had Sterling. So sweet. It was so fun seeing your cute kids. Savannah is so cute and funny.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo blessed to have these precious little angels in my life.
I just wish we lived closer. :-(
I am proud to have you as my Niece Rashel. You are an awesome Mom.
My hubby and children are my life too!
Love,
Annie