Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Didn't Ask For Your Opinion

This morning I went out to run some errands with the kids so that Carter could study. Oh, yeah, Carter went back to school. That's for a whole different post. Anyway, one place I needed to go was a health food store called Good Earth. Here's why: We are constantly busy, running here and there, both of us working, family functions, long summer activities, etc. etc. I'm not a fan of whipping out the boob anywhere I can, so a lot of the time I'd pump before leaving and when I got home. Well, I was told when I had Savannah that if you don't breastfeed enough, then your milk supply will start to diminish. Exhibit A. It has been a up and down battle for the past few months. Well, as of late, Cooper has mainly had formula, which sucks. I don't want to have to buy it, but if Mama can't make it, then he's gotta eat. Anyway, I was talking with my bestie about this the other day and she recommend a herb called Fenugreek. I googled it and found that a lot of Moms have taken it and it works for them really fast. It is supposed to increase your milk supply. So I called my doctor and asked her opinion and of course the nurse says, "Well we first recommend that you make sure you are drinking lots of water and you'll know that because your pee should be very clear...and yada yada. But if you're doing that and it's still not working then yeah, the herb is fine." Yeah, jumped through all the hurdles of lots of water already, doesn't help. I just want to get him as much breast milk as I possibly can, so that it's better for him and it costs us less.

So I head to the health food store today. I find someone to help me and she takes me to the supplement. She's like, "Well, we actually recommend alfalfa more, or even both together." So I'm asking her a few questions about it and mention that we live such a busy lifestyle right now, that unfortunately my milk supply has suffered. So, she proceeds to say to me, "Well, you just have to make time for it." Excuse me? I was like, Yeah, I don't know if my busy lifestyle is going to change anytime soon. Then she says something along the lines of, "cause you know that that is best for your baby." Really dumb a**? As if I didn't know that? Why the hell do you think I'm here right now getting this freaking herb? I know what's best for MY baby. Of course I did not say any of that to her, but I should have. She showed me the stupid alfalfa and I was like, "Well, I asked my dr. about the Fenugreek and she was ok with that, but I'd want to ask her about this before I took it." Yeah, cause lady, you're not a doctor.

I came home and told Carter and he was like, Wow, I can't believe someone would say that to you. I can't either. I mean seriously, I'm in your store, buying stuff, and you're going to try to make me feel bad? Whatever. I hope it works and Cooper can be satisfied with yummy booby juice made with love by his mommy. haha. I just popped two of those bad boys a little bit ago, so we'll see how fast they work.

6 comments:

Larsen Family said...

i took fenugreek with bryn. it helped a little. it tastes like crap though. the dr. said to take like 3 pills 3 times a day. the bottle didn't say that. so you may want to talk to the dr. about how much to take to make it productive. if not they can perscribe reglan.

The Cherry Family said...

Yeah, I've been burping it up all night. I'm just hoping to get my milk supply up a little more. I know it may not be good enough to feed him all the time, but I'd like to give him more breastmilk.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://community.bsu.edu/members/buy+online+Viagra.aspx]no prescription needed Viagra[/url]

[url=http://eterporno.ru/seks-znakomstva-v-tobolske.php]секс знакомства в тобольске[/url]
[url=http://eterporno.ru/prostitutki-mulatki-negrityanki.php]проститутки мулатки негритянки[/url]

[url=http://pc.eterporno.ru/poznakomlus-s-semeynoy-paroy.php]познакомлюсь с семейной парой[/url]
[url=http://pc.eterporno.ru/putany-g-permi.php]путаны г перми[/url]

[url=http://pv.eterporno.ru/dagestanskie-shluhi.php]дагестанские шлюхи[/url]
[url=http://pv.eterporno.ru/melkie-blyadi.php]мелкие бляди[/url]
[url=http://pv.eterporno.ru/orenburg-intim-uslugi-seks.php]оренбург интим услуги секс[/url]

[url=http://px.eterporno.ru/www-rambler-ru-znakomstva-mamba.php]www rambler ru знакомства мамба[/url]
[url=http://px.eterporno.ru/znakomstva-dlya-seksa-v-tashkente.php]знакомства для секса в ташкенте[/url]
[url=http://pz.eterporno.ru/index.php]знакомства секс пары доска[/url]
[url=http://pz.eterporno.ru/hochu-seks-piter.php]хочу секс питер[/url]

Anonymous said...

[color=#6f3c1b]ВИА [url=http://dejavu-group.ru/artist.php]Дежа вю[/url] - это коллектив виртуозных вокалистов и музыкантов.
[url=http://dejavu-group.ru/about_us.php]Deja Vu[/url]- лидер в области музыкального сопровождения корпоративных вечеринок, свадеб, торжеств, шоу программ, музыкальных ыечеров.
В копилке музыкального ансамбля Дежа вю около 3000 песен.
Живой звук. Ждаз, ретро, хиты 70-80-90-х, диско, поп, шансон, фоновое сопровождение .
Музыкальный ансамбль Deja Vu обладает мощной качественной аппаратурой, которая позволяет заполнить плотным и приятным уху звуком как маленькое помещение (фуршет), так и огромное пространство (корпоратив до тысячи человек).

Андрей +7 910 483 8294 [/color]

Anonymous said...

Племяннице моего мужа исполняется четыре , размышляем, что презентовать посоветуйте, что интересно в этом возрасте детям. У нее самая любимая игрушка - мышонок Тич, намереваемся, может презентовать мишку Куби sweetwear.ру. Или посоветуйте что-нибудь ещё.

Anonymous said...

[color=#000000]Музыкальный ансамбль [url=http://dejavu-group.ru/about_us.php]Deja Vu[/url] - это коллектив дипломированных вокалистов и музыкантов на праздник.
[url=http://dejavu-group.ru/svadba.php]Дежа вю[/url]- законодатель в области музыкального оформления дней рождения.
В копилке музыкальной группы Дежа вю более 3000 песен.
Только живое исполнение. Диско, хиты 70-80-90-х, джаз, ретро, шансон, современная музыка, европейские хиты, фоновая музыка, поп .
Музыканты Deja Vu располагает мощной качественной музыкальной аппаратурой, позволяющей наполнить плотным и приятным уху звуком как маленькое помещение (фуршет), так и большое помещение (корпоратив до тысячи человек).

Андрей +7 910 483 8294, Игорь +7 916 623 4047 [/color]