Sunday, July 6, 2008

Right now it is raining, and there is thunder and lightning. I love it. The rain not so much, but I love July thunderstorms. Although today we're supposed to go have a barbecue at my parents, so I'm not sure how that will play out.



Our baby is really growing up. She has left behind her binky and really didn't fight us on it. We just stopped giving it to her about 2 weeks ago and a few times she's asked for it and we'll just say we don't know where it is and she's fine with it. I'm glad that wasn't a huge deal. She is extremely independent and if you let her, she'll wander. That scares me. Every morning she likes to pick a "baby" (stuffed animal) off of her bookshelf and take it with her downstairs. So consequently, there are tons of "babies" downstairs. She's a wiz at her puzzles now. I watched her do them the other day and I could just read her mind. "Ok, this goes here, that there." It's so cute. She is sure a chatterbox too. Lots of new words and phrases are coming out of her.

Here's a few: monkey, bathroom, phone, grandma, milk, camera, puzzle, blocks, potty, give, muffin, Where's _______? (to be filled in with Mommy, Daddy, Baby, etc.), close, shut, open, buckle, couch, chair.

We believe that she's teething right now and has been for a little while. She likes to put everything in her mouth and chew on it and sometimes she just rubs her gums with her fingers. I think her binky helped that process not hurt so much. We can see them coming in but they are taking forever!

She now knows that when her and I come home from the grocery store that we come inside and go to the back door, open it and I go out and get the groceries and she watches me. The other day I came in and she had moved a bag of groceries over to the refrigerator for me! She really likes to help. Well, with some stuff.

She is enjoying her pool at my parents and is getting TAN! We never thought she'd be tan since she's pretty fair skinned.

Anyway, everyday is something new with her and it's so exciting for us to see her soak things up and remember them. She's a keeper!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like the two of you are having the time of your lives with that sweet little girl. She is doing so good. I can't believe 21 mos. Not much of a baby anymore. Thanks so much for the up-dates. Grandma L

Larsen Family said...

lucky i wish i could get kenna to get rid of her binky!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Pipsqueak you are so very smart and adorable ,, How did I get so lucky to have you in my life love and kisses grandma shelly