Monday, June 15, 2009

Cooper's Blessing

Cooper was blessed yesterday at church by Carter. I know that Carter takes this privilege very seriously and is honored by the opportunity. He gave him a very sweet blessing and our friends wrote down as much of it as they could, which was so wonderful of them. Cooper was great during the blessing and Carters friend John said that when they were done, that he looked at Cooper and he was just staring up at all the men around him, with big eyes. So sweet.




Cooper decided to be messy....As church was about to start, I looked down at him and saw....yellow. Ugh. I hadn't even heard or felt him go and wasn't expecting him to, since I had changed him just before we left the house. So, Carter and I ran out really fast and changed him. Unfortunately I couldn't wipe out the "yellow", but at least it wasn't a huge blow out, just a few spots around his legs. He gets blessed and Carter is holding him afterward on his lap and he just starts letting loose. Again! I went and changed him again. Needless to say, we may be bleaching the outfit.


Uncle Parker met Cooper for the first time too.



Snuggled up to Aunt "Lelee".



We had a little luncheon afterward and there was a ton of food. Everyone hung out for a little bit and some stayed and played some games with us. We played Mad Gab and it was so funny. This is Steven, Carter and Jake trying to read the cards and figure it out. I was cracking up and in tears at one point...in a good way. Later we played Clue, and I won! I never win that game.



Acacia & Savannah












The poor little guy was so tired by the end of the night. After everyone left I knew that I needed to feed him, but he was so out of it that he just fell asleep while eating. He seems to still be trying to recover, as he's slept for the past 3 hours.




The whole day I just kept looking at him and saying to myself, "He is so cute." I am partial though. At the end of the night Carter says to me, "He's probably been kissed a lot today". And he was. Probably the most by his Daddy.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was a special day glad we all could be there. Cooper looked like and little boy angel in white so precious and sweet .. And yes he is very very very cute , and adorable ..... we wish we could have stayed longer but off to airport with ron ..Hi Ho Hi Ho off we go again ,. love and Kisses grandma shelly

Andy and Melissa said...

How sweet. Sterling pooped in his outfit too - after the blessing, but before we got all the pictures we wanted. And, I agree... he is cute. I think the same thing about my kids, so I know all moms think that - but Cooper really is a little cutie.

Joneel said...

Sounds like a wonderful (and tiring) day.