Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Loud as I want

Yesterday I got to listen to whatever music I wanted in the car, and as loud as I wanted to. I went out for a few hours by myself. Carter obliged my request. I had to go get Cooper's blessing outfit first. Then I went to Target and got myself a cute dress for $6.24! Then I went to Macy's where I had a gift card to buy a new maternity bra. I found one, but then decided that maybe I'd just get one at Target because they'd probably be cheaper and I have a gift card there too. So, I got Cooper a way cute church outfit and shirt. I know, I should have spent it on myself, but I love buying the kids things and he needed another church outfit. Plus, I'm not big on buying clothes for myself when I'm not the "size" that I want to be. It's pointless to me. I'd rather wear what I have and try to get back into my smaller stuff. Working on that. Anyway, after that I went and got my hair cut. Short. A-line. I needed to have that "New Woman" feeling. I love looking down after getting my hair cut and seeing lots of hair on the floor. Then I know there's no "deadness" left. I had to head home after that because Carter had to get to Scouts, but after that we got Savannah to bed at a decent hour and tried to work out. Cooper was being very colicky, so Carter made it 1/4 of the way through the workout and then tended to him while I continued. After that we watched "He's just not that into you". Cooper continued to be colicky so we kept having to stop the movie, and then I got so tired that I couldn't finish watching it. Carter stayed up and watched the rest while Cooper and I went to bed. I tried to watch the movie at 3 a.m. while up with Cooper, but I still couldn't stay awake. I finished it this morning. Anyway, it was so nice to have a few hours to myself to do what I wanted to. Although, I still felt like I was in a rush the whole time. I blasted the music in the car, sang as loud (and horrible) as I wanted and didn't have to worry about Savannah telling me she wanted to listen to some Disney soundtrack. I think the best part though is being able to get in and out of a place FAST. On Rashel's timetable. Thank you honey for letting me have some alone time!

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

how fun. The only alone time I've had is at the gym. Its great because now I associate the gym with fun, peaceful, alone time, so I am super motivated to go. Haha. Whatever works. And now I want to see some pics of your hair. Put em up chika!