Monday, June 22, 2009
The Marathon Begins
We have "officially" started the marathon. That marathon would be potty training. We've been on and off going on the potty since she turned 2, but lately we've been getting her to go more. She knows how to go on the potty, but doesn't understand that she needs to tell us before she pees in her diaper/pull up. So for the next week we're "taking off" going places or people coming over and going to try to make this work. If she's not ready, she's not ready, but we've got to really try. We actually took Carter to work this morning and went to do 2 Sonic shops and we told her to not go in her Pull Up, but to wait til we got home. We were gone a little over 2 hours, and there was no pee when I got home. But, maybe she just didn't need to go. We went and got her panties the other day (they're so cute!) and let her pick them out. I'm hoping that will help her be excited about it. We're going to try and see if we can do just panties, and if she pees, I'm sure she's not going to like that feeling! We'll let you know how it goes!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
good luck. i remember taking a few days off and potty training Kenna. I set a timer and literally took her every 20 minutes whether she needed to or not. Then the next day..because she did well...i took her every 30-40 minutes. It worked. But I was blessed because she also did poo in the toliet too.
Good Luck. Stella went pee once on the potty, but wont tell me she has to until after she does. So frustrating. My sis in law said that she had to have her son go around naked, because with underwear on, he would feel almost like he had a diaper on so he would just go. He even pooped in his undies like 4 times, so she just had him go naked for a while. Phew - tough stuff.
I hope all went well on potty training. I am looking forward to seeing precious Savannah.
Love you guys,
Annie ;-)
Post a Comment