Thursday, August 13, 2009

My Best Friend

When Carter and I were dating I would always rag on him because he'd call a few of his guy friends his "best friends". I would be like, how do you have more than one "best". We'd go back and forth on this. Melissa was my "best". Period. So, once we got more serious, he started asking me who my best friend was "now". Duh, Melissa. This went on for awhile. Even after we got married. He would tell me I was his best friend. But then what about John? Is John #2 now? I might have to ask him. So maybe about a year into our marriage I realized, yeah, Carter really is my best friend. I mean, we talk about everything, we laugh together, we like one another, love one another, and actually like being around one another. So, I made the switch. Sorry Melis. You're my best "girl" friend. I hope you understand. wink.

It's hard to believe that I've been married to my best friend for 4 years. Where did all that time go? I feel like I just walked out in my wedding dress to meet Carter after getting married in the temple. I will never forget his face. It seems like Savannah was just a baby and now Cooper's here too. I guess a lot can happen in four years.

You are my Edward. And my Noah. You understand me. You put up with me. You teach me. You are my best friend. I heart you.

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

Ohhh... I am willing to relinquish my title - as long as it is to Carter. I can be second best. Congrats on 4 years... it does feel like just yesterday - right?