Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our Getaway To Heber With The Cherry Clan

This past weekend we went on a little 4 day getaway to Heber with Carter's whole family. Tom and Carol provided the cabin, which was huge! Everyone was able to make it except his youngest brother Parker. We went from Thursday to Sunday. We knew going in that it would be hard with the kids and maybe not as relaxing as we would have liked, but we tried to make the best of it. It was quite the jaunt up the mountain, probably not a jaunt that a Mazda 3 should make, but we were good. Thank goodness. We got there around 1:30 pm on Thursday and started unloading and checking out the place. There are a ton of pictures, so beware.



This was the huge family room. See the animals? All over the cabin. This guy is a hunter. Savannah actually got scared at first when we'd come down the stairs, but after a little bit she was just fine. There were moose, deer, racoons, pretty much anything you can think of.


Uncle Jake immediately started playing a game with the girls. He occupied them a lot. Sorry Jake, but they like you.



This is sad. This is the pack and play full of candy. Courtesy of Caren. Now does my previous post make sense? Twix and Reese's happen to be my favorites. Caren got everybody's favorites.




These are just some of the games that were brought. Carter really wanted to play his card game "Bang!", but you have to have a lot of players and he couldn't round up enough that wanted to play. I told him ahead of time that I didn't like that game, so I wasn't playing. He was bummed. That was his one thing he really wanted to do. We played a couple games, but we would have liked to have played more, but with the kids, it's just not realistic sometimes.





Our bedroom with the kids. All 4 of us in this bed. We brought a pack and play for Cooper, but he kept rolling over in it and we didn't want him sleeping on his tummy yet. So in the bed he came. We had a nice bathroom attached to our room too.







Poor Bambi dears.






Grandpa Tom and Cooper.










This picture confuses me. I'm not sure how one child can look so adorable and the other....just doesn't. I mean, what kind of face is that anyway?





Caren, Kacey and Carol cooking in the kitchen.






Meredith and Catherine had been planning a little program for us, so on Thursday night they did it. Oh boy. It was so cute. Meredith, (in black and pink) was hamming it up sooo much. I was dying. Too Too cute though.






Grandpa Tom even got up with them and sang a song.






So, Cooper's sleeping schedule has been all over the place lately. Ugh. So this was early early Friday morning. 3:30 am to be exact. Savannah woke up too. Luckily they weren't up long.













I brought some necklaces for the girls to make, so we did that on Friday.





















All the girls swinging. This was one of Savannah's favorite things to do. Unfortunately, she was able to open all the doors and just run out whenever she felt like it. Ugh again. This girl figures stuff out.








Catherine and Meredith playing Twister.






Auntie Caren also brought lots of stuff for the girls to do.







Savannah painting a little ceramic pony. Poor pony. It had every color on it. Savannah was very serious about her painting. It turned out a pretty gross looking brown color.








And Savannah got a bath in the sink to get all the paint off.










This kid has got to be teething....









Playing Blokus.










Some of the scenery right outside the door.







The trees would sway when it got breezy. Kind of cool looking.











On Saturday we had a Cherry Reunion with Tom's brother's family. So, even more Cherry's. We went down to one of the parks in Heber and the guys and some girls played football, the kids played on swings and there was a ton of food. Yummy pulled pork sandwiches, cookies, pop, chips, more cookies and lots more.



I tried to snap a few pictures of Savannah, but she barely holds still these days.






Caren got all the little girlies matching outfits from Gymboree. We did our best at getting some pictures of them. Too bad the little ones, (mainly Savannah) like to look away and make funny faces (also mainly Savannah). They all looked so cute though.









Meredith, Catherine, Acacia and Savannah.


























The kids played on the swings and if you can't tell, I think they loved it. They also may have loved that Uncle Taylor was pushing them. Uncle Taylor looks like he's having fun too. *wink*












Catherine, Acacia and Savannah all at the same time. And *Nsync. haha.

























Playing football.

















Savannah was having lots of fun with this water cooler. She decided that she wanted to pour it all out and play with it. Somewhere along the line she recruited Acacia. They sure had fun pouring water and dipping spoons in it. When it came time for the guys to come back and get water after playing football, there was barely any. Thanks Savannah. We tried turning the cooler around. She turned it back around. We moved it by us and she still messed with it. We told her the water was all gone and then she went around and asked everyone for there water. Serious stinker. A persistant stinker.
Savannah got to go on a couple walks with her Aunts and Uncles. Unfortunately, as a family we never got to go on one. But she had fun. On Sunday she went for a walk with Aunt Shelby and they saw a MOOSE! Shelby came back and said, "There's a MOOSE out there!" Steven ran out to get some pictures of it. So on Sunday night when we got home and were going to bed and saying prayers, Savannah says in her prayer, "Go to the temple, and we saw a Moose." Cute.









After the reunion we came back to the cabin. Cooper was being exceptionally fussy that night. You can see here that it really looks like he doesn't feel good. That's because I had a cold, Savannah got it and then Cooper. Nothing horrible, but he had a runny nose and just wasn't sleeping well. Compound that with possible reflux and teething and it's no fun. Poor guy.








Sunday morning we all kind of lounged around and leisurely got ready and started packing and cleaning. Some got in a game of Cranium.







The hats the girls are wearing were another craft that I brought for them to do.









We all were assigned a meal time and snacks to bring. It was really fun to try new things. Some of the foods we had were:
Hawaiian Haystacks
Fajitas- had way too many
Crepes (ooohhhh yum)
Navajo Tacos- I was surprised that I liked these, but yum as well.
Pulled pork sandwiches
Pancakes
Biscuits and gravy
Lots of snacks
Candy
Lots of soda
Ice cream sundaes- I tell ya, Lesli does it right. Her lunch meat the other day- delish. Check. Her Crepes- yum. Check. Her Ice cream sundaes with awesome caramel and fudge and crushed nuts. -Still thinking about it. Check.









Here's the cabin. It housed us all very comfortably, with lots of extra space.


I spent a lot of time on the toilet this trip. Not for reasons you may think. I pretty much pumped my boobies the whole time I was there. Cooper would not breastfeed, and has done this quite a bit lately. He wants it fast and I think his teeth hurt. I planned on pumping some anyway because I didn't want to have to stop what I was doing or be left out of fun, so it wasn't a big surprise. Thank goodness for boobie juicers. So, hence, I sat on the toilet and pumped a lot. Fun.
Some of the highlights of the trip, for me at least, were:
*Seeing how much Savannah loved painting and doing crafts
*Seeing Grandpa Tom, Grandma Carol and Catherine & Meredith play Hearts, and then Tom's expressions when the girls were obviously doing moves that were not helping him.
*The girls little talent show.
*When Jake got Cooper to laugh hilariously for a good while, before he got the hiccups.
*All the yummy candy.
*Everyone watching Twilight. Also, listening to everyone try to figure out how to do the volume and hackle with one another. Ahhh....siblings. Too bad I think most everyone feel asleep or had to leave to take care of a baby.
*Crepes.
*Sitting around and chatting.
*Playing Password.
Eventhough we didn't do some of the things we'd planned on, I think we still had a good time. Relaxing? Not as much. But still really fun to be around everyone and not have outside world distractions. Thanks Tom & Carol for the fun weekend and for having us all come up. So glad that almost everyone could come.








What is up with all this space???!!! I can't figure this out?







































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun ,, girls outfits are darling, looks like a pretty place to go and be in the woods.. hope you all feel better and are over you colds.. love mom shelly

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place to go for some family time. Awesome pictures!
What a darling picture of the cousins dressed alike.
Miss you all!
Love You
Annie :-)