Monday, August 3, 2009

Overindulgence

I am making a request. And it may be a request that some may not like, but, well...too bad. After much thought, I've decided that I can no longer have candy, soda, junk food or fast food being brought into our home. I say I've decided this, because I just did, today, while Carter is at work. My husband and children will just have to suffer. This is about ME, and Carter told me the other day that he would support ME in my efforts to get back in shape and feel better about my outward appearance. He may regret telling me that now. I do not have much self control lately when it comes to candy (especially), soda and fast food. This is not to say that we will not still eat out, because we do mystery shops that are for restaurants, but it is saying that I do NOT want any ADDED bad food coming into our home. We've been eating very bad and indulging more than we should. It's not healthy and I feel like it's really become a problem. I don't want the problem to continue and turn into obesity or diabetes or something bad like that someday. Because it will. Besides, cavities = $$, and we've got enough of that crap to last us forever, so I don't want anymore. I don't want my children overindulging either or having bad teeth or just in general a big sweet tooth. It's not necessary to happiness.

I want to feel good about myself and my body. All of you out there that tell me, "Oh, you look great." , yeah, that doesn't mean anything to me. Sorry. I believe that you have to feel it for yourself. You should not get your worth from anyone else or anyone else's comments. So please, respect this decision. Don't complain about it, don't try to push it. This is not about trying to take something away, but trying to make something better. I am hoping that since I have now posted about this, that it will give ME that extra push to actually follow through. I am a happy person, but this part of my life, the overindulgent part, does not make me happy. It makes me frustrated, which in turn, makes me rush to a candy bar for comfort. It is a vicious cycle.

1 comment:

Andy and Melissa said...

Oh... mine is soda and cake lately, and with my grandmas recent cancer, I have decided no diet soda - which means I really need to not have it at all either. Feelin ya babe.